|Single by Shakira|
|from the album Pies Descalzos|
|Released||January 8, 1997|
|Shakira singles chronology|
"Antología" (English: Anthology) is a song by Colombian singer-songwriter Shakira, taken from her debut studio album Pies Descalzos. It was released in 1996 by Sony Music and Columbia Records as the fifth single from the album. The song was written and produced by Shakira, with additional production from Luis Fernando Ochoa. "Antología" is a Latin pop ballad that lyrically discusses an appreciation for the knowledge a lover has shared.
In 1990, a thirteen-year-old Shakira signed a recording contract with Sony Music and released her debut studio album Magia in 1991, which largely consisted of tracks she had written since she was eight years old. Commercially, the project struggled, selling an underwhelming 1,200 copies in her native Colombia. Her follow-up record Peligro was released in 1993, and suffered a similar failure. Consequently, Shakira took a two-year hiatus, allowing her to complete her high school education.
Looking to revive her struggling career, Shakira released her first major-label studio album Pies Descalzos in 1996 by Sony Music and Columbia Records. Assuming a prominent position in its production, she co-wrote and co-produced each of the eleven tracks included on the record. Serviced as the fifth single from the project, "Antología" saw additional production from Luis Fernando Ochoa. The track is heavily influenced by Latin pop elements, and makes use of prominent guitar instrumentation. Lyrically, it discusses an appreciation of the knowledge a lover has shared.
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||15|
|US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)||3|
- "Shakira songs - Antología". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved 2009-11-19.
- Evan Wright (April 11, 2002). "Cover Story: Shakira". Rolling Stone. Wenner Media LLC. Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Discography". Shakira.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Shakira Biography". The Biography Channel. A+E Networks. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Shakira Biography". Rolling Stone. Wenner Media, LLC. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- Jose F. Promis. "Pies Descalzos - Shakira". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Pies Descalzos (Media notes). Shakira. Sony Music. Columbia Records. 1996. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Shakira Bio". MTV Artists. Viacom. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Shakira - Antología Lyrics". Metrolyrics. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Shakira – Chart history" Billboard Hot Latin Songs for Shakira. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- "Shakira – Chart history" Billboard Latin Pop Songs for Shakira. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
- SHAKIRA, CON LOS PIES DESCALZOS - Archivo - Archivo Digital de Noticias de Colombia y el Mundo desde 1.990 - eltiempo.com
|This pop song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|