Hysén at Utsiktens BK in 2012
|Full name||Glenn Anton Hysén|
|Date of birth||December 13, 1990|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
|2014||Myrtle Beach FC||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Anton is the son of former Swedish international Glenn Hysén, and was born in Liverpool, when his father was playing for Liverpool F.C.. Anton Hysén came out as gay to the Swedish football magazine Offside in March 2011. Daily Mail has described Anton as the "first high-profile Swedish footballer to announce that he is gay" and as the second active professional football player to come out, after English footballer Justin Fashanu in 1990. The BBC called him "a global one-off".
As of 2011, he worked part-time as a construction worker.
- "Glenn Anton Hysen" (in Swedish). Merinfo. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- "Spelarprofil - Anton Hysén" (in Swedish). Utsiktens BK. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- Kay, Alex (22 March 2011). "Tackling the ultimate taboo: It's time for a Premier League player to come out, says gay Swedish footballer". Daily Mail. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- Richards, Giles; Christenson, Marcus (13 March 2011). "Anton Hysen states case for coming out and for his father's speech". The Observer. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Rhyner, Sascha (9 March 2011). "Schwedischer Fussballprofi: "Ich bin schwul"" [Swedish professional footballer: "I'm gay"]. Basler Zeitung (in German). Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Son of former Liverpool star Glenn Hysen becomes first high-profile Swedish footballer to reveal that he's gay". Daily Mail. 9 March 2011. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- Franks, Tim (21 March 2011). "Hysen stands tall in 'man's game'". BBC News. Retrieved 21 March 2011.
- Pershagen, Axel (9 March 2011). "Anton Hysén kommer ut som gay - hoppas att fler kommer ut nu" [Anton Hysén comes out as gay - hopes that more come out now] (in Swedish). TV4 Group. Retrieved 10 March 2011.