|Olympic medal record|
|1984 Los Angeles||Light heavyweight|
Anton Ante Josipović (born 22 October 1961 in Banja Luka, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, SFR Yugoslavia) is a former Croatian boxer from Bosnia and Herzegovina (then part of Yugoslavia). He won the light heavyweight gold medal at the 1984 Summer Olympics.
Josipović was awarded an Olympic gold medal by default after American Evander Holyfield, was disqualified in the semi-finals for knocking out New Zealander Kevin Barry after the match had been stopped. During the medal ceremony Josipović pulled Holyfield to the top of the podium to join him.
1984 - Olympic Games, Los Angeles, USA: Gold Medal (light heavyweight)
- W-PTS 4-1 Markus Bott (Germany),
- W-PTS 5-0 Georgica Donici (Romania),
- W-PTS 5-0 Mustapha Moussa (Algeria),
- W-Forfeit Kevin Barry (New Zealand)
Josipović began his professional career in 1990 and won his first eight bouts. In 1994, he took on Asmir Vojnović for the Croatian Cruiserweight Title and lost a decision. In the rematch in 1995, Josipović again lost by decision and retired from boxing.
Professional boxing record
|8 Wins (4 knockouts, 4 decisions), 2 Losses (0 knockouts, 2 decisions)|
|Loss||4-0||Asmir Vojnovic||PTS||10||17/06/1995||Zagreb, Croatia||Croatia Cruiserweight Title.|
|Loss||3-0||Asmir Vojnovic||UD||10||10/12/1994||Rijeka, Croatia||Croatia Cruiserweight Title.|
|Win||6-12-1||Albert Toma||TKO||3||09/04/1992||Celano, Abruzzo, Italy|
|Win||38-12-3||Matthew Saad Muhammad||PTS||8||09/05/1991||Novi Sad, Yugoslavia|
|Win||18-21-4||Dave Owens||UD||8||17/02/1991||Prijedor, Yugoslavia|
|Win||17-6-2||Kemper Morton||PTS||8||17/01/1991||Sarajevo, Yugoslavia|
|Win||1-26-3||Kabunda Kamanga||TKO||4||22/11/1990||Zenica, Yugoslavia|
|Win||17-17||Yves Monsieur||KO||6||04/10/1990||Banja Luka, Yugoslavia|
|Win||8-17-3||John Held||PTS||8||25/08/1990||Bihać, Yugoslavia|
|Win||4-8-3||Renald De Vulder||TKO||4||12/07/1990||Doboj, Yugoslavia|
- All Croatian medalists (in Croatian)
- In a European ring (in Croatian)
- Petrovic and Jordan stepped into the world, the Soviets shocked the Yanks and Yugoslavia (in Croatian)
- Biggest Controversies in Olympic Boxing History
- Olympic gold medallist boxer shot in Bosnia Archived September 16, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Former Yugoslav Olympian Is Shot