In 1937 he shared 3rd in Stadtprozelten / Main, and took 12th in Bad Oeynhausen (4th GER-ch, Georg Kieninger won). In 1938 he won in Heilbronn, and tied for 8–9th in Bad Oeynhausen (5th GER-ch, Erich Eliskases won). In 1938/39 he tied for 1st–3rd in Karlsruhe. In 1939, he tied for 4–5th in Bad Oeynhausen (6th GER-ch, Eliskases won). In 1940 he took 5th in Bad Oeynhausen (7th GER-ch, Kieninger won), and shared 1st with Efim Bogoljubow at Kraków / Krynica / Warsaw (1st GG-ch).
- Deutscher Schachbund / Schacholympiade Dresden 2008. Schachbund.de (16 July 2008). Retrieved on 17 December 2011.
- Palmarés 1936–1938
- Deutscher Schachbund / Schacholympiade Dresden 2008. Schachbund.de (17 July 2008). Retrieved on 17 December 2011.
- Amsterdam (NED-ch10th) 1938
- Aberdeen (Scottish Championship) 1939
- Bad Elster 1940
- Maestri della prima metà del 900. Xoomer.alice.it. Retrieved on 17 December 2011.
- Bayerischer Schachbund e.V. – Chronik. Schachbund-bayern.de. Retrieved on 17 December 2011.
|This biographical article relating to a German chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|