|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Prelate Servant of God
Anton Strle, PhD
|Born||21 January 1915
|Died||20 October 2003
|Occupation||professor of dogmatic theology, Catholic priest, prelate|
|Main interests||Dogmatic theology|
Anton Strle (21 January 1915 – 20 October 2003) was a Slovenian professor of dogmatic theology and a catholic priest. He was born in the village Osredek in the parish Sveti Vid nad Cerknico. He was ordained priest in 1941 and was promoted D.D. in 1944 at the University of Ljubljana.
After World War II he spent many years in prison and in forced labours, falsely accused as many other priests in the communist Yugoslavia. Later he worked as a parish administrator in Planina pri Rakeku. He lectured on dogmatics and patrology for forty years at the Faculty of Theology in Ljubljana.
All the time he was also active in pastoral work, for example in the parish Sveta Trojica in Ljubljana. He published 45 books and duplicated lecture notes for different fields of theology. He also translated several important works, for example Vera Cerkve (Denzinger's Enchiridion Symbolorum et Definitionum) and all the documents of the Second Vatican Council. For many years, he was a member of the doctrinal commission of the Yugoslav Bishops' Conference and a member of the International Theological Commission of the Holy See in Rome. In 1977, he was appointed as a papal domestic prelate by Pope Paul VI.
- Štrukelj, Anton (5 November 2013). "Prof. dr. Anton Strle - ob desetletnici smrti" [Prof. dr. Anton Strle - At the Tenth Anniversary of his Death]. Semenisce.si. Bogoslovno semenišče Ljubljana. Archived from the original on 2014-05-21.
- "Prof. dr. Anton Strle". Light of the Church (in Slovenian). Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- http://www.daswerk-fso.org/slovenisch/?cat=11 Spiritual family Work about Strle in Slovenian (Duhovna družina Delo o Strletu)
- https://web.archive.org/web/20111002121121/http://www.informationdelight.info/encyclopedia/entry/Lloydminster,_Alberta/List_of_famous_Slovenians Famous Slovenians
- http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Strle+Anton&page=2&qsrc=2457&dm=all&ab=5&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.experiencefestival.com%2F1941_-_january&sg=5qibydILkOTb6AqvUMCBfkkg0%2FpqULEDEF4gniypEcs%3D%0D%0A&tsp=1279403067422[permanent dead link] Search ask about Strle Anton
- http://www.sticna.com/vrtnice/profesor_anton_strle_1915_2003.html Professor Anton Strle - On way to Roses (Lecture about Jesus's Heart) in Slovenian (Professor Anton Strle – Vrtnicam na pot)
- Anton Štrukelj (2011). "Strle, Anton". In Bautz, Traugott. Biographisch-Bibliographisches Kirchenlexikon (BBKL) (in German). 32. Nordhausen: Bautz. cols. 1357–1377. ISBN 978-3-88309-615-5.
|This Slovenian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian theologian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Catholic clergyman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|