Antoni Porowski at an MTV International interview in June 2018
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Concordia University|
|Occupation||Chef, actor, TV personality, model|
|Known for||Queer Eye|
Antoni Porowski (born March 14, 1984) is a Polish-Canadian Emmy Award winning reality TV personality, actor, chef and model. He is known for his role as the food and wine expert in the Netflix series Queer Eye.
Porowski was born in Montreal, Quebec to Polish parents after they immigrated to Canada with his two older sisters. He grew up speaking Polish, English, and French. He and his parents moved to Glade Springs, West Virginia when he was 12, and he lived between there and Montreal throughout his high school years before finally returning to Montreal to attend Marianopolis College and then university.
Post-graduation from Concordia University with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Porowski briefly toyed with the idea of a career in medicine before moving to New York City to study acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre, from which he graduated in 2011. He taught himself to cook by referring to his grandmother's cooking techniques.
Upon moving to New York City, Porowski began auditioning for various acting roles. He cites that being Polish made it difficult for him to find work, which at the time made him consider anglicizing his last name. He has landed roles in movies such as Elliot Loves (2012), Daddy's Boy (2016), The Pretenders (2018), and as the lead officer in a 2014 episode of TV series The Blacklist. Porowski was also featured in the 2015 short docudrama about the Vinnytsia massacre, To My Father, as Adam Bandrowski. The short film was part of the 2016 Cannes Film Festival's Short Film Corner.
In the meantime, he worked in food service to cover his rent, first working as a busboy at a family-run Polish restaurant. He worked his way up in the restaurant industry, working as a waiter and sommelier, eventually managing BondSt sushi restaurant. Porowski lives in the same neighborhood as Ted Allen, the original Queer Eye food and wine expert and current host of Food Network cooking competition Chopped. The two became friends, and for a time Porowski worked for Allen as a personal chef.
In December 2017, it was announced that Porowski would play the role of food and wine expert in the Netflix revival of Queer Eye, which aired in February 2018. The second season of the show was released in June 2018.
In April 2018, Porowski signed a deal with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for his first cookbook, to be released in Spring 2019. In June 2018, he announced that he is would be opening The Village Den, a fast-casual restaurant in New York City's West Village.
Additionally, Porowski deals vintage furniture.
On September 10, 2018, Antoni alongside co-hosts of Queer Eye received a Emmy for Outstanding Structured Reality Program.
Porowski states that his sexuality is fluid, that he prefers not to label, and that gender is not a factor in who he is attracted to. He dated Joey Krietemeyer for more than seven years, but the relationship ended October 2018. He confirmed via Instagram in December 2018 that he was dating Trace Lehnhoff.
|2010||Blue Mountain State||Lacrosse Player||Episode: "LAX"|
|2014||The Blacklist||Lead Officer||Episode: "Monarch Douglas Bank (No. 112)"|
|2018-present||Queer Eye||Himself||Series regular, 16 episodes|
|2018||Nailed It!||Himself||Guest judge, Episode: "Bonus:3,2,1...Ya Not Done!!"|
|2018||Don't Watch This||Himself||Episode: "Antoni Psycho"|
|2019||Lip Sync Battle||Himself||Season 5, Episode 1|
|2008||The Diary||Eric||Short film|
|2011||The Apartment||Stranger||Short film|
|2012||Elliot Loves||Elliot's Father|
|2015||To My Father||Adam Bandrowski||Short film|
|2018||"This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix)"||Keala Settle, Kesha, & Missy Elliott|
- Wertheim, Bonnie (March 6, 2018). "Antoni Porowski Can Cook". The New York Times. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Carley, Brennan (February 26, 2018). "Queer Eye's Antoni Porowski Knows You're Thinking About Him". GQ. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Hall, Gerrad (March 1, 2018). "Queer Eye's Antoni Porowski defends his credentials, T-shirt choices, and love of avocados". Entertainment Weekly. Condé Nast. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Sondé, Kari (January 22, 2018). "Queer Eye Is Back - Meet The Show's New Food Expert". Grub Street. New York Media. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- Vargas, Alani. "Who's Antoni Porowski from Queer Eye? The Food Expert has a Personal Connection to the Original Show". Bustle. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- ""To My Father" a docudrama about the Vinnca massacre by Montreal filmmakers". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland. September 23, 2013. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- 92nd Street Y (2018-06-21), Netflix's Queer Eye in Conversation, retrieved 2018-06-23
- Starkey, Adam (February 9, 2018). "Netflix's Queer Eye: Who are the new Fab Five". Metro. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- "Exclusive: 'Queer Eye' breakout Antoni Porowski lands cookbook deal". EW.com. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Musiwa, Elaine (May 21, 2015). "Rich Timber and Warm Metals Transform a Brooklyn Apartment". Houzz. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- "'Queer Eye' Reboot Wins Top Reality Show Emmy". Huffington Post.
- West, Amy (April 24, 2018). "Queer Eye star Antoni Porowski says his sexuality is fluid". Pink News. Retrieved June 9, 2018.