|Antonia "Toya" Wright|
October 26, 1983
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Other names||Toya T, Toya Carter, Mrs.Wright|
|Occupation||Reality television, Rapper, author, businesswoman|
Lil Wayne (2004–2006) (divorced)Mickey "Memphitz" Wright (2011–present)
(b. November 29, 1998)
Antonia "Toya" Wright (née Johnson previously Carter; born October 26, 1983) is an American reality television personality, businesswoman, and author. She is better known as Toya Carter or Toya Wright. She is best known as the ex-wife of Dwayne Michael "Lil Wayne" Carter. Since their breakup she has been raising their daughter Reginae Carter. Wright wrote a book called Priceless Inspiration, owns boutique called G.A.R.B., in New Orleans, LA, and GARB Shoetique in Smyrna, GA,. Wright starred in her own reality show on BET called Toya: A Family Affair which consisted of 16 episodes of one season in 2011.
Relationship and marriage with Lil Wayne
At age 12, Toya and rapper Lil Wayne met when she was at a corner store and Wayne was standing outside in New Orleans, Louisiana. She became pregnant with their daughter at the age of 14. Lil Wayne was already signed to Cash Money Records as a burgeoning rapper. He ultimately chose to fully pursue his rap career with Cash Money Records in order to support his child. When she was 15 and Lil Wayne was 16, Wright gave birth to their daughter, Reginae "Nae" Carter, on November 29, 1998. Years later, upon Lil Wayne achieving stardom, they were married on February 14, 2004. In January 2006, however, after almost two years of marriage, the couple separated, citing her inability to cope with his lifestyle, most specifically his career keeping him away from home for long periods of time. Despite being divorced, the two have remained good friends and continue to raise their daughter together.
On June 18, 2011, Toya Wright and Mickey "Memphitz" Wright were married in Atlanta. The wedding guest list included rapper Rasheeda, Tameka "Tiny" Harris, Kandi, Nivea, Lauren London, Monica Brown, and Tamar Braxton.
In February 2015, Toya confirmed that she and Wright had separated after almost 4 years of marriage.
|2009-2010||Tiny and Toya||Herself||Lead role|
|2011||Toya: A Family Affair||Herself||Lead role|
|2014||My Super Sweet 16||Herself||one of the lead roles|
- Toya Carter: BET Reality Star & Lil Wayne's Ex Wife To Release Memoir. BV on Books (2010-10-28). Retrieved on 2011-07-05.
- Antonia "Toya" Carter Grand Opening of The GARB Boutique ~ itsarkeedah|Fashion.Lifestyle Blog. Itsarkeedah.com (2010-10-26). Retrieved on 2011-07-05.
- Toya Carter’s Original Series ‘Toya: A Family Affair’ Premiering April 19 On BET. Hiphopwired.com (2011-01-07). Retrieved on 2011-07-05.
- "Lil Wayne Throws Daughter Reginae Carter Awesome Sweet Sixteen, Nicki Minaj Performs". Music Times. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- Internet Archive Wayback Machine. Web.archive.org (2008-08-22). Retrieved on 2011-07-05.