|Date of birth||18 March 1995|
|Place of birth||Turin, Italy|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Newcastle United (on loan from Monaco)|
|2014–2015||→ Cittadella (loan)||38||(1)|
|2015–2016||→ Cagliari (loan)||15||(0)|
|2019–||→ Newcastle United (loan)||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:34, 2 February 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 27 June 2017
Born in Turin to Sicilian parents, he grew up in the Torino youth, where he played for each youth category up to the Primavera. In 2013–14, he led the Primavera to the finals of the Campionato Primavera, lost on penalties to Chievo. Coinciding with Torino's injury problems that season he was regularly called up to the first team by Giampiero Ventura.
Loans to Cittadella and Cagliari
In his first season as a professional, Barreca was sent on loan to Cittadella in Serie B. He made his debut in the third round of Coppa Italia, lost 4–1 to Sassuolo. Barreca scored his first goal in Serie B on 15 November 2014 in a 5–2 away loss to Carpi.
On 17 June 2015, he was loaned to Cagliari with a buyout clause and buy back clause in favour of Torino. He made his debut with the Sardi in the eighth round, away to Novara (1–0). He made 15 appearances for Cagliari, led by Massimo Rastelli, who won the championship and were promoted to Serie A. On 26 June 2016 his contract was redeemed by Torino.
He made his debut for Torino on 13 August 2016, in the third round of the Coppa Italia, won 4–1 against Pro Vercelli at the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino. On 18 September, at age 21, he made his debut in Serie A, entering as a substitute for Christian Molinaro in the first half of the match Torino Empoli (0–0). In December 2016 he was awarded the best young player of the year by the USSI (Unione Stampa Sportiva Italiana).
Loan to Newcastle United
Style of play
Updated 6 January 2019.
|Cittadella (loan)||2014–15||Serie B||38||1||1||0||–||–||39||1|
|Cagliari (loan)||2015–16||Serie B||15||0||2||0||–||–||17||0|
- "Antonio Barreca, il Torino ha trovato il terzino del futuro". iltalentocheverra.it (in Italian). Archived from the original on 12 April 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Regolamento del Campionato Primavera TIM 2012/2013 – "Trofeo Giacinto Facchetti"" (PDF). legaseriea.it (in Italian). Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie A. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Sassuolo vs. Cittadella - 21 August 2014 - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com.
- "Carpi vs. Cittadella - 15 November 2014 - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com.
- "UFFICIALE: Torino, preso Avelar dal Cagliari. Barreca in prestito in Sardegna - TUTTOmercatoWEB.com". M.tuttomercatoweb.com. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Barreca al Toro | TORINO FC 1906 SITO UFFICIALE". Torinofc.it (in Italian). Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Torino, Barreca "rivelazione dell'anno": il premio dell'Ussi". Tuttosport. 13 December 2016. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Aramu e Benassi in Nazionale Under 21 | TORINO FC 1906 SITO UFFICIALE". Torinofc.it (in Italian). Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "U21: Italy squad for Euros named". Football Italia. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- Federico Ciapparoni (19 December 2014). "Barreca a CM: 'Mi ha cercato il Milan'" (in Italian). CalcioMercato.com. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "Serie B: Cagliari title, Livorno relegated - Football Italia". Football-italia.net. Retrieved 6 July 2017.