Guayre training with Las Palmas in 2009
|Full name||Antonio Guayre Betancor Perdomo|
|Date of birth||23 April 1980|
|Place of birth||Las Palmas, Spain|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / Forward|
|1999–2000||Las Palmas B|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Antonio Guayre Betancor Perdomo (born 23 April 1980), known as Guayre, is a Spanish retired footballer. Comfortable in various attacking positions – mainly winger – his professional career was constantly hindered by injuries, and he played mainly for Villarreal after beginning with Las Palmas.
Guayre was born in Las Palmas. After emerging through hometown UD Las Palmas's ranks he made his La Liga debut on 14 October 2000 in a 2–1 home win against Málaga CF, and would contribute greatly to the club's escape from relegation, only missing seven league games.
After that sole season, Guayre went on to represent Villarreal CF (where he would become an important attacking figure in the team's domestic and European consolidation, although never an automatic first-choice) and Celta de Vigo. Whilst with the former, he scored one goal in each of the side's UEFA Intertoto Cup victorious campaigns.
After two injury-ravaged seasons with Celta, Guayre returned to the top division, joining CD Numancia in August 2008. Again troubled by injuries, he played his first game for the Sorians on 11 January 2009, appearing from the bench in a 2–0 home success over Getafe CF and being released from contract at the end of the season.
In July 2009, Guayre returned to his first professional club, reuniting with the coach who gave him his top flight debut, Sergije Krešić, and players Jorge Larena – another youth product of Las Palmas – and Josico. In his first year he continued to be constantly bothered with physical problems, appearing in less than one half of the matches; the Canary Islands side also finished in 17th position, just one point above the relegation zone.
- Cuando Guayre encontró a Guayre (When Guayre found Guayre); La Provincia, 8 November 2009 (in Spanish)
- Guayre, un fenómeno masacrado por las lesiones (Guayre, star done in by injuries); Vavel, 27 September 2012 (in Spanish)
- Guayre, una década en la élite (Guayre, one decade in the elite); La Provincia, 14 October 2010 (in Spanish)
- Las Palmas logra su primera victoria tras remontar al Málaga en los últimos minutos (Las Palmas get first win after coming from behind against Málaga in the last minutes); El Mundo, 15 October 2000 (in Spanish)
- "Txomin Nagore se va al Atlético de Madrid y Guayre al Villarreal" [Txomin Nagore goes to Atlético de Madrid and Guayre to Villarreal] (in Spanish). ABC. 29 July 2001. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Guayre to aid Celta challenge; UEFA.com, 3 June 2006
- Numancia 2–0 Getafe; ESPN Soccernet, 11 January 2009
- El Lugo da ficha a Antonio Guayre tras dos meses a prueba (Lugo make room for Antonio Guayre after two-month trial); La Voz de Galicia, 16 January 2013 (in Spanish)
- De la Peña in line for debut; UEFA.com, 4 February 2005
- España le enseña la manita a San Marino (Spain show open hand to San Marino); El País, 9 February 2005 (in Spanish)