Antonio Hart (born September 30, 1968 in Baltimore, Maryland) is a jazz alto saxophonist. He attended the Baltimore School for the Arts, studied with Andy McGhee at Berklee College of Music, and has a master's degree from Queens College, City University of New York. His initial training was classical, but he switched to jazz in college. He gained recognition for his work with Roy Hargrove.
Hart is currently serving as a full-time professor of jazz studies in Aaron Copland School of Music at Queens College City University of New York.
Hart plays a Yanagisawa alto saxophone.
- 1991: For the First Time (Novus)
- 1992: Don't You Know That I Care with Gary Bartz
- 1993: For Cannonball and Woody
- 1994: Tokyo Sessions with Roy Hargrove (Novus)
- 1995: It's All Good (Novus)
- 1996: Here I Stand (Impulse!/GRP)
- 1996: Alto Summit with Phil Woods, Vincent Herring, Reuben Rogers (Milestone)
- 2001: Ama Tu Sonrisa (Enja)
- 2004: All We Need (Downtown Sound)
With Robin Eubanks
- Mental Images (JMT, 1994)
With Dizzy Gillespie
With Roy Hargrove
- Diamond in the Rough (1989)
With Dave Holland
With McCoy Tyner
- Prelude and Sonata (1995)
With Dee Dee Bridgewater
- This Is New (2002)
|This article about a United States jazz musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a jazz saxophonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|