Piedra in 2008
|Full name||Antonio Piedra Pérez|
10 October 1985 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||61 kg (134 lb; 9.6 st)|
|Current team||Caja Rural–Seguros RGA|
|2002||Citroen Martos Tobalo (junior)|
|2004||Córdoba Patrimonio de la Humanidad|
|Infobox last updated on
19 January 2014
Born in Seville, Piedra has competed as a professional since 2007, competing for the Fuerteventura-Canarias and Andalucía–Cajasur teams, before joining the Caja Rural team for the 2012 season. Piedra took a prestigious victory by winning the Rogaland GP in May 2012, soloing away to win by 35 seconds over his nearest challenger. He participated in the 2012 Vuelta a España, his team being invited as a 'wildcard', and had a major victory on stage 15, a high mountain affair finishing atop the Lakes of Covadonga climb. Piedra followed a move that formed on the first climb of the day, and dropped his breakaway companions on the final difficulty of the race, the first "Hors Category" climb of the Vuelta. He had 2 minutes and 2 seconds of an advantage over his nearest competitor, Euskaltel–Euskadi's Rubén Pérez.
- 2nd Overall, Vuelta a Segovia
- 1st, Stage 3
- 3rd Overall, Vuelta a Palencia
- 1st, Stage 2 (TTT)
- 1st, Stage 5, Volta a Portugal
- 8th Overall, Tour de San Luis
- 9th, Gran Premio de Llodio
- 1st, Rogaland GP
- 1st, Stage 15, Vuelta a España
- Vuelta a España
- Combativity Award Stage 5
- 10th Overall Tour de Langkawi
- "Caja Rural (CJR) – ESP". UCI Continental Circuits. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "Caja Rural-Seguros RGA (CJR) - ESP". UCI Continental Circuits. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Piedra solos to victory in Norway". Cycling News (Future Publishing Limited). 13 May 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Susan Westemeyer (2 September 2012). "Piedra wins Vuelta a Espana stage from day long breakaway". Cycling News (Future Publishing Limited). Retrieved 2 September 2012.
|This biographical article relating to Spanish cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|