|Date of birth||28 January 1986|
|Place of birth||Aigaleo, Greece|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|2004–2005||→ Keratsini (loan)||27||(5)|
|2005–2006||→ Haidari (loan)||25||(4)|
|2008||→ OFI Crete (loan)||10||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 April 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 27 January 2013
Antonis Petropoulos (Greek: Αντώνης Πετρόπουλος born 28 January 1986) is a Greek footballer, currently playing as a striker for Football League club Apollon Smyrnis. He was also part of Greece U-21 team.
Petropoulos was born on 28 January 1986 in Athens, Greece. He scored 4 goals in total, 3 of them in his last two games with Egaleo. He scored his first goal against Kerkyra FC in 2006, and 2 goals against Ethnikos Asteras in 2008.
On January 2008, Petropoulos joined Panathinaikos FC signing a contract with a minimum release fee clause of €6,000,000 and a year later has signed a new 3-year contract with the club. Petropoulos is believed to have signed a deal that could see his annual wage rise from €45,000 to €150,000. The striker spoke of his pleasure at having re-signed with the club following the completion of the deal. “I am extremely happy to stay at Panathinaikos,” Petropoulos said. “I want to play at this club for many more years. I want to thank my coach, Henk Ten Cate and the management; I will fight to justify the confidence they have shown in me.” He scored 7 times in the 08/09 season, however he remained in the bench for the whole of 09/10 season as Djibril Cissé was the main offence choice. Due to a Cisse injury, he started the premiere of the Greek Superleague 2010–2011 against Xanthi, where he scored the only goal for Panathinaikos in a match that ended 1–1. On 19 December 2012 he played and scored against Proodeftiki F.C. in the Greek cup for his last time with Panathinaikos.
After the mayhem of transfer deadline day, a reminder – perhaps – that the best things in life are free. Unable to get regular football in five years at Panathinaikos, Petropoulos was released and immediately signed by stricken giants AEK Athens, bottom of Greece Super League with three wins in 15 top-flight matches. Petropoulos became the 19th player who transferred from Panathinaikos F.C. to rivals AEK F.C..
However, since his debut in the 3-1 loss at Asteras Tripolis in early January, he has scored in each of AEK's next three games, with the resulting seven points lifting his side – never relegated – to 12th in the 16-team competition. More specifically, he scored his first goal in a Superleague Greece match against Skoda Xanthi F.C.. He scored another goal against Aris F.C. on 20 January with a great header after a cross by Michalis Pavlis He scored for third match in a row against OFI. "I don't even want to utter the word 'relegation' – we are talking about AEK and I cannot imagine a league without AEK," said Petropoulos, who celebrated his 27th birthday on Monday. "I feel better now going onto the pitch because I am playing for a club who believe in me. I have nothing to prove. I know who I am and I always do my best."
On 18 August 2013, Petropoulos made his debut with his new team and scored one goal in a 2-1 home victory against Aris. Besides the fact that Apollon Smyrni did not avoid relegation, Petropoulos has the best year in his career by scoring 12 goals. As a result of his exceptional year, Metz, Chievo Verona and Hellas Verona are interested in him.
Second spell on OFI Crete
In the summer of 2014 due to Apollon Smyrni's relegation to second division Petropoulos signed for OFI Crete. He scored a 91st-minute winner on his debut. Petropoulos left OFI half a year later due to serious financial problems at the club.
Petropoulos passes for the first time in his career, the Greek borders in order to pursue his career in Italian club Bari 1908 playing for Serie B. The Greek winger passed the medical examinations, signing a two years' contract with the club for an undisclosed fee. On 17 October 2015, in the 8th day of 2015-16 Serie B season he made his debut as a substitute in an away 3-0 loss from Ternana Calcio. After a rather catastrophic season, the Greek striker is going to use his option clause and ask for the termination of his contract with the club as did not manage to be among the first priorities of Andrea Camplone, playing only in five games.
Second spell on Apollon Smyrnis
|Apollon Smyrnis||2016-17||Football League||15||5||1||0||–||–||16||5|
1Includes Greek Superleague playoffs.
- "Ματσούκας ο αντι – Πετρόπουλος στο Αιγάλεω – Contra.gr – Live Sports Magazine" (in Greek). Contra.gr. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Αιγάλεω-Κέρκυρα 2–1 – Contra.gr – Live Sports Magazine" (in Greek). Contra.gr. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Πετρόπουλος: Υπομονή μέχρι τη Δευτέρα – Contra.gr – Live Sports Magazine" (in Greek). Contra.gr. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Παρουσίασε τέσσερις... ο ΟΦΗ – Contra.gr – Live Sports Magazine" (in Greek). Contra.gr. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Ο.Φ.Η.-Βέροια 3–0 – Contra.gr – Live Sports Magazine" (in Greek). Contra.gr. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Μανούτσο ο πέμπτος! – Contra.gr – Live Sports Magazine" (in Greek). Contra.gr. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Υπέγραψε ο Βύντρα – Contra.gr – Live Sports Magazine" (in Greek). Contra.gr. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Milestones, millstones and bargains". 11 February 2013.
- "Υπογράφει για ένα χρόνο στον Απόλλωνα ο Πετρόπουλος". a-sports.gr.
- "Also Chievo after Petropoulos". transfermarketweb.com.
- "Φεύγει από τον ΟΦΗ". www.sportdog.gr.
- "Έφυγε από τον ΟΦΗ ο Πετρόπουλος". www.pamesports.gr. 29 December 2014.
- "Ανακοίνωσε Πετρόπουλο η Καλλονή". www.sport-fm.gr. 21 January 2015.
- "Παρελθόν από την Καλλονή ο Πετρόπουλος". www.sport24.gr. 12 May 2015.
- "Συνεχίζει στη Μπάρι ο Πετρόπουλος". www.contra.gr. 4 August 2015.
- "Bari, è fatta per Antonis Petropoulos". www.corrieredellosport.it. 4 August 2015.
- "Bari, colpo in attacco: preso il greco Antonis Petropoulos". www.baritoday.it. 4 August 2015.
- "Petropoulos to leave F.C. Bari 1908 this summer". www.sdna.gr. 11 May 2016.
- "Σούπερ ενίσχυση με Πετρόπουλο ο Απόλλωνας". www.sport24.gr. 24 August 2016.