|Full name||Antony Roland Kay|
|Date of birth||21 October 1982|
|Place of birth||Barnsley, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Defender / Midfielder|
|2012–2016||Milton Keynes Dons||142||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:19, 12 May 2016 (UTC).
Antony Roland Kay (born 21 October 1982) is an English professional footballer who currently plays for Football League One side Bury. Kay primarily plays as a defender, but has also played in a midfield role at previous clubs.
In the 2005–06 season he scored the fourth and final Barnsley penalty in the play-off final penalty shootout against Swansea City, in which Barnsley gained promotion to the Championship. At the time of his departure, he was vice-captain of the side, and was the club's longest serving player.
He was released at the end of the 2006–07 season, and subsequently signed a two-year deal with League One side Tranmere Rovers. He scored 7 goals in his first season at the club, including the fans goal of the season on Boxing Day against Carlisle United. He made 30 league appearances in his first season at Prenton Park, playing mainly in his natural position of centre back.
He opened his account for the 2008–09 season with a spectacular volley from outside the box in the 4–1 win over Northampton Town. He became a lethal midfielder during that season, which saw Tranmere miss out on the play-offs on the final day of the season.
After his contract at Prenton Park ran out, he was signed by fellow League One side Huddersfield Town on 29 May 2009 on a two-year deal, taking up the number 8 shirt vacated by Jon Worthington. He made his debut in the 2–2 draw against Southend United at Roots Hall on 8 August 2009. He scored his first goal for the club in the 3–1 win over Southampton at the Galpharm Stadium on 15 August. Kay went on to make 40 league appearances, scoring six times as they made the League One Play-Offs before exiting after a 2–0 defeat in the second leg away at Millwall. On 18 May, he scored the winning penalty in a shootout against Bournemouth in the Play-Off semi final second leg at the Galpharm Stadium that sent Huddersfield Town to Old Trafford. Kay signed a new two-year deal on 5 July 2011.
Milton Keynes Dons
Kay signed for Milton Keynes Dons on 10 August 2012, on a two-year-deal. Assigned the number 24 shirt, Kay made his debut for The Dons, just two days after penning his contract, in a 1–1 draw against Cheltenham Town in the League Cup. The tie went to a penalty shootout and Kay converted the Dons' fourth penalty as his side went on to win 5–3 in the shootout. However, he was sent off in injury time of the Dons' opening league game, a 2–0 home win over Oldham Athletic.
On 5 April 2016 Kay was involved in a bad tackle on Polish striker Michal Zyro in a home game against Wolves. The high tackle, which escaped punishment from the referee, severely damaged Zyro's knee and he has not played football since.
On 12 May 2016, Kay was released from the club after it was announced his contract would not be renewed.
- Huddersfield Town:
- Milton Keynes Dons:
- As of 24 March 2016.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Huddersfield Town||2009–10||League One||40||6||3||0||2||0||3[c]||0||48||6|
|Milton Keynes Dons||2012–13||League One||33||1||6||0||2||0||1[a]||0||42||1|
- Appearances in Football League Trophy
- 1 appearance in Football League Trophy, 3 appearances in Football League One play-offs
- 1 appearance in Football League Trophy, 2 appearances in Football League One play-offs
- 5 appearances in Football League Trophy, 3 appearances and 1 goal in Football League One play-offs
- Hugman, Barry J. (2005). The PFA Premier & Football League Players' Records 1946–2005. Queen Anne Press. p. 339. ISBN 1-85291-665-6.
- Tranmere net ex-Barnsley man Kay
- "Cadamarteri and Kay agree new contracts to stay at Huddersfield". Yorkshire Post. 5 July 2011. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Report: Bury 4 Morecambe 1". buryfc.co.uk. 30 August 2016. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Barnsley 2000/2001 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- "Barnsley 2001/2002 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Barnsley 2002/2003 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Barnsley 2003/2004 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- "Barnsley 2004/2005 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Barnsley 2005/2006 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Barnsley 2006/2007 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- "Tranmere 2007/2008 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Barnsley 2008/2009 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Huddersfield 2009/2010 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Huddersfield 2010/2011 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- "Huddersfield 2011/2012 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2013-02-03.