|Minister of Justice|
5 May 2017 – 6 June 2019
|Prime Minister||Juha Sipilä|
|Preceded by||Jari Lindström|
|Succeeded by||Anna-Maja Henriksson|
|Born||16 January 1985|
|Political party||National Coalition Party|
Antti Edvard Häkkänen (born 16 January 1985 in Mäntyharju, Finland) is a Finnish politician, representing the National Coalition Party. He has served as a Member of Parliament since 22 April 2015. From 2017 to 2019, Häkkänen served as the Minister of Justice in Sipilä Cabinet.
The National Coalition Party nominated Häkkänen as a candidate for the 2014 European Parliament election but he did not gain enough votes. In the 2015 Finnish parliamentary election he was nominated in the newly formed constituency of South-Eastern Finland, and became an elected MP with 6,212 votes.
Häkkänen was elected as one of three vice-chairmen of the National Coalition Party at the party summit in June 2016, with the highest number of votes.
Antti Häkkänen with other young members of National Coalition Party visited Republican Party (United States) party meeting in 2012. According to Antti Häkkänen National Coalition Party youth share the financial views of Republican Party in the United States.
Mr Tapani Mäkinen (ex MP of National Coalition Party was named special advisor to Justice Minister Häkkänen in May 2017. Mäkinen resigned in April 2018 due to a police investigation concerning claimed bribry. Mäkinen received juridical charge in August 2019. According to Mäkinen funds he received from mr Juhani Sjöblom (MP candidate of National Coalition Party) (Seepsula Oy) was a legal loan.
- "Council of State - Ministers of Justice". Valtioneuvosto.fi. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "MPs: Antti Häkkänen". Parliament of Finland. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Presidentti nimitti kolme uutta ministeriä – perussuomalaisten uusi kulttuuriministeri nosti kärkiaiheekseen poliittisten nuorisojärjestöjen tuet". Helsingin Sanomat. 5 May 2017. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Antti Häkkänen" (in Finnish). Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Kunnanvaltuusto" (in Finnish). Retrieved 23 May 2018.[permanent dead link]
- "Antti Häkkänen kokoomusnuorten puheenjohtajaksi" (in Finnish). 5 November 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Kataista avustava Antti Häkkänen meppiehdokkaaksi" (in Finnish). Maaseudun Tulevaisuus. 2 February 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Häkkänen Antti" (in Finnish). Archived from the original on 9 October 2017. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Koko maa - ehdokkaat" (in Finnish). Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- Laitaraki, Timo (12 June 2016). "Antti Häkkänen nousi kokoomuksen varapuheenjohtajaksi — muut valitut ovat Sanni Grahn-Laasonen ja Janne Sankelo" (in Finnish). Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- Miksi kokoomusnuoret kannattavat Yhdysvaltain republikaaneja? YLE 3.9.2012
- Finnish Justice Ministry's special advisor Mäkinen steps down amid corruption probe YLE 3.4.2018
- Pitkän linjan kokoomusvaikuttaja Tapani Mäkiselle korruptiosyytteet – lahjuksen antamisesta epäillään tuusulalaista ex-kansanedustajaa YLE 20.8.2019