11 January 1969 |
Malka Ganj, Delhi, India
|Other names||Anu Arya Aggarwal|
|Years active||1990- 1996|
Aggarwal was born on 11 January 1969 in New Delhi, and was raised in Chennai. She was a gold medalist in sociology at Delhi University. After a brief stint in modelling, and VJing, and appearance in the Doordarshan serial Isi Bahane (1988), she made her Bollywood debut with the musical blockbuster Aashiqui, following which she was much in demand. She posed nude in the short movie The Cloud Door. l, to recuperate after a 29-day coma. She lives in Bihar and is single. She practices yoga at the Bihar school of yoga in Munger, Bihar. She is also an amateur power-lifter and after her accident has competed in many power-lifting competitions. She quoted in one of her interviews "To feel strong, to walk amongst humans with a tremendous feeling of confidence and superiority is not at all wrong. The sense of superiority in bodily strength is borne out by the long history of mankind paying homage in folklore, song and poetry to strong women".
|1990||Aashiqui||Anu Verghese||Debut film|
|1993||Thiruda Thiruda||Chandralekha "Lekha"||Tamil film|
|1993||King Uncle||Fenni Fernando|
|1993||Khal-Naaikaa||Kiran/ Anuradha R. Bakshi|
|1994- 1997||BPL Oye!||Asin||TV Series|
|1995||The Cloud Door||Princess Kurangi||Short movie|
|1995||Janam Kundli||Kiran M Prasad/ Kiran R. Kapoor|
|1996||Return of Jewel Thief||Princess Vishaka|
- "Anu Agrawal". Rottentomatoes.com. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "The Enigma of Arrival". Mumbai Mirror. 4 May 2008. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- Sharma, Isha (9 December 2015). "From Wonder Girl Of 'Aashiqui' To A Sanyasi, This Is Anu Aggarwal's Story In Her Own Words!". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "Aashiqui star returns to life, turns author". Hindustan Times. 22 July 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Anu Aggarwal recounts, car accident, coma, lives and loves in new book". Mid Day. 26 July 2015. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- Karishma Goenka (7 August 2015). "From Aashiqui to tantrik lovemaking, Anu Aggarwal tells all in brand new book". India Today. New Delhi. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- Sanjukta Sharma (8 August 2015). "Book Review: Anusual: Memoir Of A Girl Who Came Back From The Dead". Livemint. Retrieved 22 October 2015.