This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
North American Wii boxart
|Developer(s)||Data Design Interactive|
Metro3D Europe (PlayStation 2 and PC)
Data Design Interactive (Wii)
|Platform(s)||Wii, PlayStation 2, Microsoft Windows|
Anubis II (pronounced Anubis the Second; the game is not a sequel) is an action game from UK based developer Data Design Interactive. The game was published by Conspiracy Entertainment in the United States.
Set in ancient Egypt, the player controls Anubis, the guardian of the Underworld, in his quest to lift the Curse of the pharaohs. The Nunchuk controls Anubis while the Wii Remote swings the Scepter of Ra and throws Canopic Bombs.
The game received overwhelmingly negative reviews upon release, including a 1.5/10 rating from GameSpot, the second worst score it is possible to receive with the new rating system, and a 2/10 rating from IGN. The Wii version of Anubis II was also nominated for Flat-Out Worst Game of 2007 by GameSpot. Many critics have called it a carbon copy of Ninjabread Man, due to the identical music, gameplay and level layout, the same basic attacks, and enemies (as well as having most of the same bugs and glitches).
- "Data Design Interactive to offer Wii games in 2007". Pro-G. Retrieved 23 October 2007.
- Conspiracy Entertainment : Anubis Ii Archived January 12, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- IGN: The Wii Conspiracy
- Anubis II Reviews
- GameSpot's Best of 2007: Flat-Out Worst Game Dubious Honors Archived November 29, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Ninjabread Man, another Data Design Interactive game part of the MythMakers Range of titles.
- Myth Makers: Trixie in Toyland, another Data Design Interactive game part of the MythMakers Range of titles.
- Rock 'n' Roll Adventures, another Data Design Interactive game part of the MythMakers Range of titles.