Anugerah Musik Indonesia
|Anugerah Musik Indonesia|
The Anugerah Musik Indonesia logo
|Awarded for||Outstanding achievements in the Indonesian music industry|
|Sponsored by||Sharp (2000–2003)
|Presented by||Anugerah Musik Indonesia's board of directors|
|Network||Indosiar (1997–1999; 2002–2003)
Global TV (2006)
The Anugerah Musik Indonesia (English translation: Indonesian Music Awards), also known as AMI or colloquially AMI Awards is an annual Indonesian major music awards, to recognize outstanding achievement for improving the quality and quantity of artist in the mainly-Indonesian language music industry. They have been compared to the American Grammy Awards, and British Brit Awards. It shares recognition of the music industry as that of the other performance awards, such as the Panasonic Gobel Awards (television) and Festival Film Indonesia (motion pictures).
The awards were formalized as the Indonesian Music Awards in 1997 as a joint project between ASIRI (Recording Industry Association of Indonesia), PAPPRI (Singers, Songwriters, and Music Record Producers Association of Indonesia), and KCI (Copyright Office of Indonesia).
Each of the three founding organizations originally contributed one board member, under the direction of Indonesian country singer, Tantowi Yahya. Under this board was another, less powerful board. There are afterwards further divisions based on specialty, including Marketing, Communication, and Membership. In 2016, jazz musician Dwiki Dharmawan replacing to Yahya for Leader of Chairman.
The Anugerah Musik Indonesia are awarded in several categories, each of which isolate a specific contribution to music. Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) categories have been added and removed over time. The 2010 awards had 35 categories, while the 2011 awards had 46.
The general awards include several awards not restricted by musical genre:
- "Best of the Best Newcomer" is awarded to a promising breakthrough performer who releases.
- "Best of the Best Album" is awarded to the performer and the production team of a full album.
- "Best of the Best Production Work" is awarded to the writer(s)/composer(s) of a single song and also the performer.
Other awards are given to performances and production in different musical genres, as well as for other contributions such as artwork. The Anugerah Musik Indonesia also presents special awards given for longer-lasting contributions to the Indonesian music industry such as AMI Legend Award and Lifetime Achievement Award (which is not every year presented).
- AMI Awards 2008 Siap Digelar, Antara News, 11/04/08
- "13 Tahun Anugerah Musik Indonesia" [13 Years of the Indonesian Music Awards] (in Indonesian). The Beat Magazine. 2010. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Anggie, Hernowo (15 June 2011). "Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) 2011 Prepares 46 Awards" [Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) 2011 Siapkan 46 Penghargaan] (in Indonesian). Tabloid Bintang. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "God Bless Anugerah Musik Indonesia" (in Indonesian). Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2009. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Samsons dan Agnes Monica Sabet Berbagai Kategori" [Samsons and Agnes Monica Win Several Categories] (in Indonesian). Gatra. 21 December 2006. Retrieved 21 October 2011.