Anugerah Musik Indonesia
|Anugerah Musik Indonesia|
The Anugerah Musik Indonesia logo
|Awarded for||Outstanding achievements in the Indonesian music industry|
|Presented by||Anugerah Musik Indonesia's board of directors|
Indosiar (1997–1999; 2002–2003; 2017)|
SCTV (2002–2003; 2017)
Trans7 (2002; 2017)
MNCTV (2006; 2017)
GTV (2006; 2017)
TVRI (2006; 2017)
iNews TV (2017)
Trans TV (2017)
Kompas TV (2017)
The Anugerah Musik Indonesia (English translation: Indonesian Music Awards), also known as AMI or colloquially AMI Awards is an annual Indonesian major music awards, to recognize outstanding achievement for improving the quality and quantity of artist in the mainly-Indonesian language music industry. They have been compared to the American Grammy Awards, and British Brit Awards. It shares recognition of the music industry as that of the other performance awards, such as the Panasonic Gobel Awards (television) and Festival Film Indonesia (motion pictures).
The awards were formalized as the Indonesian Music Awards in 1997 as a joint project between ASIRI (Recording Industry Association of Indonesia), PAPPRI (Singers, Songwriters, and Music Record Producers Association of Indonesia), and KCI (Copyright Office of Indonesia).
Each of the three founding organizations originally contributed one board member, under the direction of Indonesian country singer, Tantowi Yahya. Under this board was another, less powerful board. There are afterwards further divisions based on specialty, including Marketing, Communication, and Membership. In 2016, jazz musician Dwiki Dharmawan replacing to Yahya for Leader of Chairman.
The Anugerah Musik Indonesia are awarded in several categories, each of which isolate a specific contribution to music. Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) categories have been added and removed over time. The 2010 awards had 35 categories, while the 2011 awards had 46. The categories increased to 49 in 2017.
The general awards include several awards not restricted by musical genre:
- "Best of the Best Newcomer" is awarded to a promising breakthrough performer who releases.
- "Best of the Best Album" is awarded to the performer and the production team of a full album.
- "Best of the Best Production Work" is awarded to the writer(s)/composer(s) of a single song and also the performer.
Other awards are given to performances and production in different musical genres, as well as for other contributions such as artwork. The Anugerah Musik Indonesia also presents special awards given for longer-lasting contributions to the Indonesian music industry such as AMI Legend Award and Lifetime Achievement Award (which is not every year presented).
List of categories
As of 2017
- Best of the Best Album
- Best of the Best Production
- Best of the Best Newcomer
- Best Pop Female Solo Performance
- Best Pop Male Solo Performance
- Best Pop Collaboration
- Best Pop Duo or Group Performance
- Best Pop Songwriting
- Best Pop Production
- Best Pop Album
- Best Rock Solo Performance
- Best Rock Duo or Group or Collaboration
- Best Rock Album
- Best Jazz Vocal Performance
- Best Jazz Instrumental Performance
- Best Jazz Album
- Best R&B/Soul/Urban Solo Performance
- Best R&B/Soul/Urban Duo or Group or Collaboration
- Best R&B/Soul/Urban Album
- Best Dangdut Solo Performance
- Best Contemporary Dangdut Female Solo Performance
- Best Contemporary Dangdut Male Solo Performance
- Best Dangdut Duo or Group or Collaboration
- Best Dangdut Songwriting
- Best Dangdut Production
- Children's music
- Best Children's Music Female Solo Performance
- Best Children's Music Male Solo Performance
- Best Children's Music Duo or Group or Collaboration
- Best Children's Music Songwriting
- Best Children's Music Production
- Best Children's Music Album
- Production work
- Best Keroncong or Contemporary Keroncong or Langgam or Stambul Production Work
- Best Alternative or Alternative Rock or Cross-Genre Production Work
- Best Metal or Hardcore Production Work
- Best Rap or Hip-hop Production Work
- Best Reggae or Ska or Rocksteady Production Work
- Best Islamic Music Production Work
- Best Christian Music Production Work
- Best Instrumental Production Work
- Best Dance or Electronic Production Work
- Best Collaboration Production Work
- Best Original Soundtrack Production Work
- Best Vocal Group Production Work
- Best Folk Production Work
- Best Contemporary Folk or Country or Ballad Production Work
- Best Progressive Rock Production Work
- Best Recording Album Production
- Best Graphic Design
- Best Surround Sound Team
- "13 Tahun Anugerah Musik Indonesia" (in Indonesian). The Beat Magazine. 2010. Retrieved 21 October 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Karibo, Anto (May 26, 2016). "Dwiki Dharmawan Gantikan Tantowi Yahya Jadi Ketua AMI Awards" (in Indonesian). Tabloid Bintang. Retrieved October 15, 2017.
- Anggie 2011, Anugerah Musik Indonesia.
- Hernowo, Anggie (June 15, 2011). "Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) 2011 Siapkan 46 Penghargaan" (in Indonesian). Tabloid Bintang. Retrieved October 15, 2017.
- Priherdityo, Endro (October 13, 2017). "Daftar Lengkap Nominasi AMI 2017". CNN Indonesia. Retrieved October 15, 2017.
- "Anggun C Sasmi, Artis Internasional Terbaik AMI AWARD 2006" (in Indonesian). Kapanlagi. December 21, 2006. Retrieved October 15, 2017.