|Industry||Video game industry|
|Stéphane Longeard (CEO)|
Anuman Interactive SA is a French video game publisher and distributor. The company publishes games for formats including PC, Mac, interactive-DVD, Nintendo DS and Wii, PlayStation Portable and iPhone. In addition Anuman publishes games under the Microïds label as well as the Microïds Games For All brand.
Anuman also published games under it's Kids' Mania label, which was dedicated to video games and mobile apps for children from 0-7 years. It's games included Little Heroes, My Little Cook, Garfield Kart, and Paddington: Adventures in London.
Anuman Interactive was founded in 2000 by Stéphane Longeard, Axel Chambily-Casadesus and Marc Laumet. The same year the company signed a distribution agreement with TF1 Vidéo. In 2001 the company acquired the French digital franchise of the For Dummies (Pour les nuls) informational series of titles. The company first entered the video games market in 2005 when they published Trainz Railroad Simulator in France.
On 23 November 2009 they announced that they were acquiring the mark of and all the associated licences of another French video game company, Microïds. The Microïds deal with MC2 France was completed on 1 January 2010, and they are known for adventure games, such as Syberia and Still Life. In 2011 the company launched a secondary Microïds brand for non-adventure titles, Microïds Games For All. As of 2012[update] new games based upon the Microïds licences are in development, such as Syberia III and Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon. Elliot Grassiano, the original founder of Microïds, joined as Vice President of the Microïds unit in 2012.
In 2010 Anuman announced that they were opening an office in New York City, and that same year they ceased physical distribution in France while concentrating on becoming a digital and international publisher.
Anuman, from the Tamil version of Hanuman, uses a monkey in its logo. Between 2000 and 2012 this had been a side profile of a monkey in a yellow colour. In 2012 the company introduced a logo that uses a blue and white side profile of a monkey's head.
- "Societe" (in French). Anuman. Archived from the original on 24 November 2009. Retrieved 24 November 2009.
- "Anuman s'offre Microïds" (in French). Game Kult. 23 November 2009. Archived from the original on 26 November 2009. Retrieved 24 November 2009.
- "Anuman Interactive annonce le rachat de Microïds" (in French). ITR Games. 23 November 2009. Retrieved 24 November 2009.
- "Anuman and Benoit Sokal confirms Syberia 3". gamasutra. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "PR - Anuman announces the opening of a NY office". Gama Sutra. 13 September 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2010.