|Residence||Maryland, United States|
|Alma mater||IIT Delhi|
|Spouse(s)||Dr. Karuna Pande Joshi|
University of Missouri
Anupam Joshi is the Oros Family Professor and Chair of CSEE Department in the University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD. He is also the Director of the UMBC Center for Cybersecurity and heads the Accelerated Cognitive Cybersecurity Lab. He is regarded as a leading expert in cybersecurity.
He was named Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) in 2015 for contributions to security, privacy and data management in mobile and pervasive systems.
Anupam Joshi was born in New Delhi to famous Hindi author Manohar Shyam Joshi and Dr. Bhagwati Joshi. His initial schooling was from Modern School, New Delhi. He earned his undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT Delhi and a PhD in Computer Science from Purdue University.
Prior to joining the UMBC, he held positions at the University of Missouri, and Purdue University. He is also a Visiting Faculty at the Center of Excellence in Cyber Security and Information Assurance, IIT Delhi. He is the author of more than 300 refereed publications and has received research grants and contracts from a variety of sources.
- UMBC center for Cybersecurity
- UMBC partners with IBM Research for cybersecurity lab
- WBAL TV 11, Expert: Little consumers could do to protect against Target hack
- "ABC2 News, Expert breaks down Ashley Madison cyber attack". Archived from the original on 24 August 2015. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- ABC2 News, TARGET CREDIT CARD HACK: Expert Discusses Risk
- "2015 elevated fellow" (PDF). IEEE Fellows Directory.
|This article about an Indian engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|