Goenka at a media event
|Education||Shaheed Bhagat Singh College|
Anupriya Goenka (born 29 May 1987) is an Indian actress and model who appears in Hindi and Telugu films. She first shot to fame in 2013 as the face of UPA government's Bharat Nirman ad campaign and for playing a lesbian in India's first ever lesbian ad for the brand Myntra. Goenka made her on-screen debut with the 2013 Telugu film Potugadu, having previously starred in the 2013 short film Worth the Kiss. She subsequently starred in the comedy-drama Bobby Jasoos (2013), the drama Paathshala (2014), the action comedy Dishoom (2016) and the crime-drama Daddy (2017). She is best known for her portrayal of nurse Poorna in the action-thriller Tiger Zinda Hai (2017) and Nagmati in the epic period drama Padmaavat (2018), both of which rank among the highest-grossing Indian films of all time.
Anupriya Goenka was born on 29 May 1987 in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh to Ravindra Kumar Goenka, a garment entrepreneur and Pushpa Goenka, a homemaker. The youngest of four children, Goenka has two older sisters and a brother. She completed her schooling from Gyan Bharati School in Saket, New Delhi, and acquired her bachelor's degree in commerce from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi. Goenka provided financial support to her family before she completed school. She said, "I was the enterprising one and started helping my father in the garment export business. Acting was always a hobby till I realized I couldn't do justice to both theatre and my corporate career," she said.
Goenka moved to Mumbai in 2008 to pursue a career in acting. At first, she worked in the corporate sector and settled in Mumbai, where she was joined by her family. Goenka was intrigued with theater and juggled between a career in acting and the corporate sector. She started doing commercials and first shot to fame in 2013 as the face of UPA government's Bharat Nirman ad campaign and for playing a lesbian character in India's first ever lesbian ad for the brand Myntra in 2015. Goenka has appeared in various television commercials for brands including Coke, Garnier, Stayfree, Kotak Mahindra, Pepperfry, and Dabur. She also worked as an Anchor / Show Host in a Home Shopping Channel called ShopCJ for more than one year. She portrayed the nurse Poorna in the 2017 action-thriller Tiger Zinda Hai. She is best known for her portrayal of the role of Queen Nagmati in the 2018 epic film Padmavati opposite Shahid Kapoor which garnered her critical acclaim.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|Worth the Kiss||2013||Ganesh Jagdishan||Hindi Short|
|Potugadu||Mary||Pawan Wadeyar||Telugu film|
|Bobby Jasoos||2014||Afreen||Samar Shaikh||Hindi|
|Paathshala||Sandhya||Mahi V Raghav||Telugu|
|Dishoom||2016||Alishka Iyer||Rohit Dhawan||Hindi|
|Vekh Baraatan Challiyan||2017||Saroj (Special Appearance)||Ksshitij Chaudhary||Punjabi, Haryanvi|
|Tiger Zinda Hai||Poorna||Ali Abbas Zafar|
|Padmaavat||2018||Nagmati||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|2018||Sacred Games||Megha Singh||Netflix|||
|2019||The Final Call||Parineeta "Pari"||ZEE5|| |
|2019||Criminal Justice||Nikhat Hussain||Hotstar|||
|2019||Humorously Yours Season 2||Devika Manchanda||TVF|
- Yadav, Khushi. "Check Out The Stylish Pictures Of Tiger Zinda Hai Actor Anupriya Goenka ! | CircleOfBollywood". circleofbollywood.in. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Sharma, Smrity (27 October 2017). "Did You Know: This Actress In Padmavati Song Ghoomar Has Played A Lesbain In A Viral Ad". india.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- Singh, Suhani (20 September 2013). "Anupriya Goenka now better known as Priya, thanks to being the face of UPAs Bharat Nirman ad campaign". India Today. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Sharma, Smrity (27 October 2017). "Padmavati Trivia: Anupriya Goenka In Shahid Kapoor, Deepika Padukone's Ghoomar Played A Lesbain In A Viral Ad". India.com. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Mishra, Shivani (30 October 2017). "Padmavati: All you need to know about Anupriya Goenka, the other queen in Ghoomar". InUth. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Bhatnagar, Rohit (27 December 2017). "Forget Kat, meet another tigress Anupriya Goenka from TZH". The Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Mehta, Ankita (28 October 2017). "REVEALED: The Rani in Deepika Padukone's Ghoomar song is Shahid Kapoor's first wife in Padmavati". International Business Times, India Edition. Archived from the original on 12 November 2017. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- "Padmavati: This actress essays the role of Shahid Kapoor's first wife". Zee News. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017.
- Dhaman, Himanshi (14 September 2013). "Bharat Nirman ad catapults Delhi girl to household fame - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Ved, Sonal (12 June 2015). "Meet the Myntra girls everyone's talking about". VOGUE India. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Acharya, Anindita (11 June 2015). "India's first ad with lesbian pair treats them as 'normal', says actor". The Hindustan Times. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Forget Kat, meet another tigress Anupriya Goenka from TZH". Deccan Chronicle. 27 December 2017.
- "Tiger Zinda Hai actor Anupriya Goenka: Salman Khan has a divine personality". The Indian Express. 29 December 2017.
- "Padmavati: Meet Anupriya Goenka, first wife of Maharawal Ratan Singh". Freepress Journal. 28 October 2017.
- Taran Adarsh [@taran_adarsh] (29 May 2019). "PVR Pictures to release #Kissebaaz on 14 June 2019... Stars Pankaj Tripathi, Rahul Bagga, Anupriya Goenka, Evelyn Sharma, Zakir Hussain, Rajesh Sharma and Mouli Ganguly... Directed by debutant Annant Jaaitpaal... Here's the first look poster: t.co/xiRopZJt5L" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "'I am very proud of Sacred Games'". www.sakaltimes.com. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- "The Final Call Review: Arjun Rampal's New Series Is Not Your Regular Web-Spinning Suspense Thriller". News18. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- "'The Final Call' review: This Arjun Rampal-starrer gives spin to the web". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Anupriya Goenka and Manraj Singh to star in ZEE5's Abhay". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- Winters, Bryce J. (25 May 2019). "Criminal Justice is a Gripping Social Thriller with a Stunning Cast!". TheNewsCrunch. Retrieved 24 June 2019.