Author Anurag Anand at the launch event of The Legend of Amrapali
2 November 1978 |
|Occupation||Novelist, author, banker, marketer|
|Genre||Fiction, historical fiction, motivational|
|Spouse||Neeru Sharma Anand|
Anurag Anand (born 2 November 1978) is an Indian author with ten published titles in the self-help, general fiction and historical fiction genres. He is a marketing professional with experience across sectors like pharmaceuticals, fast-moving consumer goods and financial services.
After obtaining his primary education from Kurseong in Darjeeling District, Anand moved to Delhi. He completed his schooling from Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi in 1996. Thereafter he did is B. A. (Hons) in Economics from Delhi University before pursuing his PGDBM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) from Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi (2000 -2002).
Anand's writing career began with the book Pillars of Success (2004), a self-help book that owes its genesis to Anand's association during his college days with the Delhi based NGO, UNES. As a part of the Youth Development Program of UNES, Anand delivered lectures on aspects of personality development to school students across the country and it is the learnings from these interactions that he summarised in his first book. Since then Anand has also written general fiction and historical fiction novels.
- Pillars of Success (2004)
- Corporate Mantras (2007)
- The Quest for Nothing (2010); ISBN 978-9380349206
A contemporary story of a young and ambitious couple and the conflict between their personal aspirations and career goals, The Quest for Nothing was declared a National Bestseller within six months of its release. The book was launched by a panel comprising Pritish Nandy, Gul Panag and Mini Mathur,.
Reality Bites is a youthful love story set in a high school hostel. The book was launched at Landmark, Mumbai by Bollywood personalities including Sudhir Mishra, Randeep Hooda and Kanishtha Dhankhar (Femina Miss India World 2011).
This is a work of historical fiction giving a life account of the courtesan Amrapali who lived in the kingdom of Vaishali around 500 BC. The book was launched in Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Ahmedabad by panellists comprising Prahlad Kakkar, Bhagyashree, Mallika Sarabhai, Shashi Tharoor, Sonalika Sahay, Indrani Dasgupta and Alokananda Roy.
Of Tattoos and Taboos is a contemporary story that traces the transition of an innocent, small-town girl into a modern, fiercely independent, big-city belle.
- Where The Rainbow (2013); ISBN 978-9382665014
Veiled beneath a captivating story, Where the Rainbow Ends aims to spread awareness about cervical cancer – the second largest cause of cancer related deaths among women across the globe and a looming threat that can be averted by timely vaccination – among its readers.
- Birth of The Bastard Prince (2014); ISBN 8129134543
In Birth of the Bastard Prince, the sequel to the riveting The Legend of Amrapali, Anurag Anand explores Amrapali's eventful life as the Nagarvadhu. He describes in thrilling detail the war between Vaishali and Magadh, in which Amrapali played a crucial role; traces her love affair with Bimbisara, the Emperor of Magadh, and the birth of their son Vimal Kondanna; reveals the royal intrigue and conspiracies that led to Amrapali's tribulations; and finally explains how Amrapalu found the solace and happiness she so desired.
- Love on 3 Wheels (2015); ISBN 978-9382665588 Love on 3 Wheels is a romantic thriller that plays out on the streets of Delhi over a three-day period.
Anand's works have been extensively covered in all forms of media including most national dailies and magazines. He has been invited to various television news channels like CNN IBN and UTV Bloomberg to participate in panel discussions and debates. He has also been invited by FM Radio channels like Radio Mirchi, Radio City and Red FM for on-air discussions.
Anurag Anand lives in Mumbai with his wife Neeru and daughter Naisha. Anurag met Neeru while pursuing his higher studies in Delhi. Neeru Anand works with a Multinational Pharmaceutical company in Mumbai
- Interview in The Hindu
- Opinion in Midday
- Interview/ profiling in DNA
- Anurag's recommended reads in Hindustan Times Archived 2 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Story in The Tribune
- The Legend of Amrapali in The Sentinel, Assam
- Books Club of India Interview Archived 5 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Times of India Crest
- Dainik Jagran Patna
- DNA Article on Self Publishing
- Mahesh Bhatt launches Anurag Anand's Tic Toc
- Pritish Nandy at the launch of The Quest for Nothing
- Actress Mini Mathur at the launch of The Quest for Nothing
- Hindustan Times Brunch on Reality Bites
- Sudhir Mishra launches Anurag Anand's Reality Bites
- Randeep Hooda at Reality Bites' launch
- Miss India Kanishtha Dhankhar at the launch of Reality Bites
- Times of India on The Legend of Amrapali
- DNA, Nandana Sen keen to play the role of Anurag's Amrapali
- Tehelka on The Legend of Amrapali
- The Telegraph Article
- Adman Prahlad Kakkar at the launch of The Legend of Amrapali
- Bhagyashree launches The Legend of Amrapali Archived 29 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- DNA: Ahmedabad launch of The Legend of Amrapali
- The Hindu
- TOI Lifestyle
- Panel discussion on Jaipur Litfest 2012
- The Assignment, Corporate Reality Show on UTV Bloomberg Archived 10 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Anand live on Radio City