|Native name||अनुषा दांडेकर|
9 January 1982 |
|Occupation||VJ, Host, actress, Singer|
Early and personal life
Dandekar was born on 9 January 1982 in Khartoum, Sudan to a Marathi Chitpavan brahmin family, Shashidhar and Sulabha Dandekar, originally from Pune, India. She and her sisters, actress and model Shibani and Apeksha Dandekar grew up in Kingsgrove, New South Wales, a suburb in Sydney, Australia.
In 2002, at the age of 19, Dandekar moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. She was cast as an anchor in MTV's House of Style. She later hosted MTV Dance Crew, MTV Teen Diva, MTV News and MTV Love School for the network.
In 2003, Dandekar made her acting debut in Bollywood with Mumbai Matinee and went on to do Viruddh in 2005, alongside Bollywood veterans Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Sharmila Tagore and John Abraham. Her performance in the film won her the Best Debut Award at the Maharashtra Times Awards in 2006. She then went on to star in the musical Miss Bollywood. Later in 2006, she starred in Anthony Kaun Hai? alongside Arshad Warsi and Sanjay Dutt. In 2012, she made her Marathi film debut with her role in Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha.
Dandekar has been in a long term relationship with actor Karan Kundra.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Notes|
|Better Than Your Ex||2012||—||—||—||Single|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|Mumbai Matinee||2003||Anusha the Temptress|
|Anthony Kaun Hai||2006||Rosa|
|City of Gold (2010)||2010||Manasi|
|Delhi Belly||2011||VJ Sophaya|
|Jai Jai Maharashtra Maaza||2012||Ashwini Stevenson|
List of awards and nominations received by Dandekar:
|2004||Mumbai Matinee||Stardust Award for Most Exciting New Face||Nominated|
|2006||Viruddh||Stardust Award for Breakthrough Performance – Female||Nominated|
|2006||Viruddh||Maharashtra Times Sanmaan Best Debut Award||Won|
|2007||Herself||Filmfare Award for Best Face||Nominated|
|2009||Herself||Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Award for Best VJ||Won|||
|2010||Herself||Femina's List of 50 Most Beautiful Women in India Award||Won|
- "Long distance love". The Telegraph. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Gahlaut, Kanika (16 June 2003). "Not an item". India Today. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Kharade, Pallavi (9 August 2006). "'People like anything about celebrities'". Times of India. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
Very few people know that, being a Maharashtrian, Anusha speaks fluent Marathi.
- Sen, Zinia (1 July 2009). "I've never faced racism". Times of India. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- "Anusha Dandekar not keen to work on small screen". Times of India. December 15, 2016.
- "Cosmopolitan awards 2008". masala.com. 25 November 2008.
- "We need to bring back concept of supermodels: Anusha Dandekar". Zee News. July 3, 2016.
- "Anusha Dandekar, Lisa Haydon launch 'India's Next Top Model'". Sify. 1998–2014. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Mulla, Zainab (January 9, 2017). "Anusha Dandekar birthday: MTV Love School 2 hosts Karan Kundra & Anusha Dandekar are truly in love!". India.com.
- "Can you recognise this young girl? She has grown up to be one of India's most popular VJ". Times of India.
- "Here are the talkies!". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 14 September 2005. Retrieved 13 February 2008.
- "Anthony Kaun Hai". Zee News. October 1, 2007. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007.
- "How Anusha overcame her nauvari woes". Pune Times. June 6, 2012.
- "Anusha's Better Than Your EX!". MTV India. 7 June 2012.
- Chaudhuri, Nupur (April 29, 2012). "MARATHI MULGI GETS HER DUE". Times of India.
- "OC INTERVIEW: OPEN CHEST INTERVIEW WITH MTV VEEJAY, ANUSHA DANDEKAR". openchest.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anusha Dandekar.|