||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
February 1, 1987 |
Dushanbe, Tajikistan, Soviet Union
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in)|
|Coached by||Mirzo Shamsiev|
Anvar Yunusov (born February 1, 1987, Dushanbe) is an amateur boxer from Tajikistan best known from giving Asian Games winner Violito Payla his first ever stoppage defeat at the 2007 World Championships. He has also qualified for the 2008 and 2012 Olympics and 2016 Olympics.
At the 2007 World Championships he stopped Payla, but lost to Samir Mammadov later.
At the 2008 Olympic qualifier he beat Payla again, then Mongol Luvsantseren Zorigtbaatar and North Korean Pak Jong Chol. In Beijing, he lost his quarterfinal to experienced Thai favorite Somjit Jongjohor.
He competed in the lightweight division at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. He defeated Shan Jun of China in the first round, but was defeated by Robson Conceição of Brazil in the next round. Yunusov finished 9th overall in the division. He was the flag bearer for Tajikistan during the closing ceremony.
- "Anvar Yunusov Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Archived from the original on 2016-10-03. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Make way for RP losers - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos". 2008-02-20. Archived from the original on 2008-02-20. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Asian Olympic Qualifications - 1 - Bangkok, Thailand". www.amateur-boxing.strefa.pl. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "13.World Championships - Mianyang, China - November 13-20 2005". www.amateur-boxing.strefa.pl. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "AhmetComert2007". www.amateur-boxing.strefa.pl. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Rio 2016". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-08-26. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- "The Flagbearers for the Rio 2016 Closing Ceremony". 2016-08-21. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
|This biographical article related to Tajikistani boxing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|