Mohammed Anwar Pervez
15 March 1935
|Net worth||US$4.6 billion (2019)|
|Relatives||Zameer Choudrey (nephew)|
According to the Sunday Times Rich List UK, in 2019 Anwar Pervez's net worth is £3.534 billion (US$4.6 billion); which makes him the richest Pakistan-born Briton in the UK.
Mohammed Anwar Pervez was born in 1935 and moved to the UK at the age of 21.
In 1963 he established his first convenience store in London's Earls Court. By the early seventies he had changed the company's name to Bestway and was operating ten convenience stores in and around West London. In 1976, Pervez opened Bestway’s first wholesale warehouse in Acton, West London. The company has since grown to a multibillion-pound enterprise, and as of 2014[update] Bestway is the second largest independent wholesaler in the UK.
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knighthood (107 ed.). Burke's Peerage & Gentry. p. 3113. ISBN 0-9711966-2-1.
- Murtaza Ali Shah. "Billionaire Pakistani family rises in UK Asian rich list". www.geo.tv. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- Midgley, Dominic (21 July 2014). "Anwar Pervez: The Billionaire cash and carry King". Express. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Bounds, Andrew; Barrett, Claer (18 July 2014). "Cash-and-carry group Bestway to buy Co-op pharmacies for £620m". Financial Times. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "No. 52952". The London Gazette (Supplement). 12 June 1992. p. 11. (United Kingdom)
- "Honours and Awards". London Gazette. 14 September 1999. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Bestway's Pervez steps back as son joins board". Thegrocer.co.uk. 2004-07-17. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- Midgley, Dominic. "Anwar Pervez: The Billionaire cash and carry King". Daily Express. Retrieved 2015-12-15.