||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Mohammed Anwar Pervez
1935 (age 81–82)
Gujar Khan, British India (now Pakistan)
|Nationality||British & Pakistani|
|Occupation||Chairman of Bestway|
|Net worth||US$3.8 billion (STRL 2017)|
|Relatives||Zameer Choudrey (nephew)|
Sir Mohammed Anwar Pervez OBE, HI (Urdu: سر انور پرویز), (born March 1935) is a Pakistan-born British businessman. He is the founder and chairman of Bestway. According to the Sunday Times Rich List UK, in 2017 Anwar Pervez's net worth is £2.95 billion (US$3.8 billion); which makes him the richest Pakistani in the UK.
In 1963 he established his first convenience store in London's Earls Court. By the early seventies he had changed the company's name to Bestway and was operating ten convenience stores in and around West London. In 1976, Pervez opened Bestway’s first wholesale warehouse in Acton, West London. The company has since grown to a multibillion-pound enterprise, and as of 2014[update] Bestway is the second largest independent wholesaler in the UK.
Pervez is a trustee of the BritishEdu Trust, Crime Stoppers and the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust.
- "Bestway Limited". Companies House. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Midgley, Dominic (21 July 2014). "Anwar Pervez: The Billionaire cash and carry King". Express. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Bounds, Andrew; Barrett, Claer (18 July 2014). "Cash-and-carry group Bestway to buy Co-op pharmacies for £620m". Financial Times. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "No. 52952". The London Gazette (Supplement). 12 June 1992. p. 11. (United Kingdom)
- "Honours and Awards". London Gazette. 14 September 1999. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Bestway’s Pervez steps back as son joins board". Thegrocer.co.uk. 2004-07-17. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- Midgley, Dominic. "Anwar Pervez: The Billionaire cash and carry King". Daily Express. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Mohammed Anwar Pervez Bloomberg". Bloomberg. Retrieved 27 January 2017.