This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Anwar Farid Robinson|
|Born||April 21, 1979|
|Origin||Newark, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, music teacher, actor, songwriter, pianist, producer|
In August 2004, Robinson successfully auditioned for season four of Idol in Washington, DC. He proceeded to the Top 12, but was voted off during the 1970s dance music week on April 20, 2005, after his performance of Earth Wind and Fire's "September".
He went on to tour with the Top 10 contestants of season four and sang for over 500,000 people in over 40 cities in the United States and Canada. He also participated in "Idols In Concert" at the newly built Rrazz Room at San Francisco's Hotel Nikko.
Performances on American Idol
|Week #||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Result|
|Top 24 (12 Men)||Contestant's Choice||"Moon River"||Andy Williams||Safe|
|Top 20 (10 Men)||"What's Going On"||Marvin Gaye||Safe|
|Top 16 (8 Men)||"What a Wonderful World"||Louis Armstrong||Safe|
|Top 12||1960s||"A House Is Not a Home"||Dionne Warwick||Safe|
|Top 11||Billboard Number Ones||"Ain't Nobody"||Chaka Khan||Safe|
|Top 10||1990s||"I Believe I Can Fly"||R. Kelly||Bottom 2|
|Top 9||Classic Broadway||"If Ever I Would Leave You"||from Camelot||Safe|
|Top 8||Songs from Birth Year||"I'll Never Love This Way Again"||Dionne Warwick||Safe|
|Top 7||1970s Dance Music||"September"||Earth, Wind & Fire||Eliminated|
Robinson took on the role of "Collins" in the 2007–2008 national/international tour of Rent. He starred as Jesus in the Syracuse Stage production of Godspell that ran from November 25 to December 28, 2008.
He made his film debut in The Ski Trip 2: Friends and Lovers as "Owen".
Robinson's debut album, Everything, was released on January 25, 2011.
On March 2, 2010, Robinson joined Michelle Williams, Musiq Soulchild, Lil' Mo, Tye Tribbett, Nikki Ross & Anaysha Figueroa (both of Kirk Franklin), Nancey Jackson-Johnson, and James Hall under the executive production of Kim Burrell to record "Prayer Song" for Hope for Haiti, composed by Krishnar Lewis. In October 2010, he participated with Yolanda Adams in the Plainfield, New Jersey event where community leaders were trying to break the Guinness World Records for the largest gospel chorus in the world.
- Everything (2011)
- Bruder, Jessica. "Idolatry, But In A Good Way", The New York Times, March 27, 2005. Accessed January 1, 2012. "Raised in Newark by his mother, Elaine Robinson, he began singing in third grade at the age of 8. He attended the Newark Boys Chorus School and, when the family moved in 1994, he transferred to Montclair High School as a sophomore."
- Playbill News: "Idol" Finalists Will Join Rent Tour This Fall Archived October 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jamal, Maurice; Rankin, John; Fleming, Daren; Cruz, Cassandra (2008-07-13), Friends & Lovers: The Ski Trip 2, retrieved 2017-04-28
-  Archived January 31, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-03-08. Retrieved 2010-03-15.