||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Advertising language needs cleanup, references check needed. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||SGX: G5X|
|Industry||Manufacturing and trading|
|Franky Fan Kai Leung, Chairman|
|Products||Equipment, optical discs, solar cells, organic light-emitting diode|
Number of employees
Anwell Technologies Limited is a supplier of manufacturing equipment with trading and manufacturing business in optical disc and solar cell. They vertically integrated into manufacturing business of optical disc and solar cell in 2007 and 2008. Founded in 2000 with its head office in Hong Kong, the group was listed on Singapore Stock Exchange Mainboard (SGX: G5X) since November 4, 2004. Anwell employs over 2,000 people worldwide, with its research and development center and four manufacturing hubs in China.
Anwell is one of the suppliers of Blu-ray manufacturing equipment that replicates Blu-ray discs and also manufactures optical discs such as DVDRs themselves. Leveraging on the common technologies with optical disc manufacturing technology, the Group developed the solar business in 2008 to sell production system for thin film solar cell and engaged in solar cell manufacturing and trading business and also in R&D in OLED panel manufacturing technology.
In Sept 2009, the company produced its first solar panel with the production equipment being built from scratch using its own proprietary technologies for the key production processes of the thin film solar panel, including Plasma-enhanced chemical vapour deposition (PECVD), sputtering, laser scribe and transportation systems.
Anwell was founded in 2000 by Mr. Franky Fan (范继良, Fan Kai Leung), the CEO of Anwell Group, and 5 other engineering partners with an initial capital of $100,000 USD. He set up the first R&D centre and production facility for optical media technologies in China. Served mostly read-only CD and CD-R manufacturers in the PRC through the manufacturing and sales of optical disc manufacturing sub-system and peripherals.
In 2002, the company started to provide complete optical disc manufacturing systems for CD-R. Introduced its first DVD recordable dye coater sub-system. In 2003, it started to provide integrated business solutions for DVD recordable and CD-R manufacturers. Recorded total revenue HK$556 million. On November 4, 2004, it listed on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange. Set up the second equipment manufacturing facility in Dongguan, China. Introduced DVD recordable downstream sub-system and twin-Line DVDR replication system. In 2005 to 2006, it established overseas sales hubs including Germany, India and USA. Introduced 3rd generation HD-DVD replication system for pre-recorded sector. In 2007, it became the world's only vertically integrated optical disc equipment supplier with disc manufacturing plants in ChinaIn 2008, it vertically integrated the solar cell equipment business into solar cell manufacturing business.
Produced the first amorphous silicon thin film solar cell at the production plant located in Henan, China using its in-house designed 40MW production line. Announced plan to co-operate with a US-based company to supply thin film solar panel through its subsidiary, Sungen, to a solar farm located in California, USA.
On February 19, 2010, the Company announced that its thin film solar panels have been certified to have a conversion efficiency of 8.58% by the Quality Supervision & Testing Center of Chemical & Physical Power Sources of the Ministry of Information Industry of China. The results from the tests shows that panels produced by the Group's in-house developed technologies are able to meet the international standards.
The Company has started mass production of thin film modules using its in-house developed 'Sunlite' turnkey production line with an initial capacity of 40MW and plans to further expand to over 120MW by the end of 2010. In September, the Company has completed the research on the tandem junction thin film panel using its own manufacturing equipment.
In 2010, Anwell filed more than 100 patent and utility model applications for the first time.
Benefited from the supportive policies launched by the PRC Government for the development of solar industry in China, Anwell will be receiving long-term government funding support from the Government for ramping up its solar panel production capacity in Anyang city of Henan province, and also for the development of its second solar panel production plant, which is located in Dongguan, China.
Anwell further extends its business platform of solar products to become a vertically integrated solution provider for large scale solar power projects in 2012. By offering a full range of products and services including solar panel, design of installation, procurement of materials as well as construction, beyond its established position as a thin film solar panel manufacturer, Anwell is also transforming to become an EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contractor.
- "Anwell profile". Bloomberg. 2010.
- "About Us/Company Profile". Anwell. 2008. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- "Optical Disc Replication Line Market Set to Rebound in 2007" (PDF). VLSI Research Press release. 30 January 2007. Retrieved 30 January 2007.
- "Anwell Corporate Info". Anwell. 8 May 2009. Retrieved 8 May 2009.
- "Taking flight with Blu-ray and solar energy". Next Insight. 16 May 2008. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- "ANWELL TECHNOLOGIES: Strengthening its position during solar slowdown". the Next Insight. 13 April 2009. Retrieved 13 April 2009.
- "ANWELL: Getting ready to launch solar panel production". Next Insight. 6 May 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- "Anwell in deal to sell solar panel equipment". The Business Times. 7 May 2008. Retrieved 7 May 2008.
- "All's well that's Anwell". Asiaone. 19 January 2010.
- "Anwell produces first thin film solar panel" (pdf). Business Times. 2 September 2009.
- "Anwell produces its first a-Si thin-film module using in-house technology". PV Tech.org. 9 September 2009.
- "CEO Chat Anwell" (PDF). Pulses magazine. 3 August 2009. Retrieved 5 August 2009.
- "All's well that's Anwell". AsiaOneBusiness. 21 January 2010.
- "Development of Anwell". ZaoBao.com. 26 October 2004.
- "ANWELL produces its first solar panel". Next Insight. 2 September 2009.
- "Anwell signs MOU with US partner to supply thin-film solar panels to farms". The Edge Singapore. 5 October 2009.
- "Anwell's Thin Film Solar Panels Beats Industry Average Conversion Efficiency". ACN Newswire. 19 February 2010.
- "ANWELL enjoys brighter prospects in solar industry". NextInsight. 3 March 2010.
- "Anwell starts ramp of 120MW a-Si thin film plant". PV Tech. 29 March 2010.
- "Anwell unit to supply at least 180MW in thin-film PV modules to distributor/developer". PV Tech. 21 September 2010.
- "Anwell produces its first tandem junction thin film solar panel". The Edge Singapore. 27 September 2010.
- l "Henan Sungen secure financing to increase thin-film production capacity" Check
|url=value (help). PV-Tech. 21 June 2011.
- l "Anwell: Secures RMB500 Million Long-Term Funds For Second Solar Panel Plant In Dongguan" Check
|url=value (help). Stockbank. 22 June 2011.
- "Dongguan Government Invests RMB700 Million in Anwell's Subsidiary for the Development of a Solar Panel Plant in Dongguan". Solarplaza. 25 July 2011.
- "ANWELL: Shining solar sales and EPC prospects". NextInsight. 8 March 2012.