Logo of Anwesha 2015
|Type||Student run Non-Profit Organization|
|Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Patna|
|Major events||Technical, Cultural, Literary events|
|Slogan||Think. Dream. Live.|
Anwesha is the Annual Techno-Cultural Festival of Indian Institute of Technology Patna. It is a four-day-long (three-day-long till 2014 ) event usually held towards the end of January every year. The fest hosts Technical, Cultural, Literary, Eco and Management events. The first edition of Anwesha took place in 2010. It draws a footfall of about 4,500 from more than 140 colleges across the country. Management events such as Stock Mart, B-quiz, Vendre and eco events like Eco-debate, Green quiz give participants ample scope to showcase their talents. Anwesha enjoys a cult status among the youths of Bihar. Eminent personalities such as chief minister Nitish Kumar, Padma Vibhushan, G. Madhavan Nair, R.K. Sihna (Dolphin Man of India), have been part of Anwesha’s extravaganza in the past.
The Fest name is derived from Sanskrit word Anwesha meaning quest. The first edition of IIT Patna’s Techno-Cultural festival was organised in March, 2010 with an idea to help students in their quest to master true potential and hence providing them with a recognizable platform to showcase their talents.
The 2010 Fest was inaugurated by Bihar Chief Minister Mr. Nitish Kumar. Interactive sessions were major crowd-pullers of the first edition. An in-house Hindi-Rock band composed of IITP students covering songs  Allah ke Bandey, Aadat and  Dooba Dooba gave a soulful live performance center-stage as the first pro-night on the last day of the 2010 edition.
2010 Edition helped gained mouth-publicity among students within Bihar for the Fest. In 2011 the Fest had its first corporate co-sponsor Reliance for Pro-Night featuring Sifar. 2013 fest edition outgrew all previous editions in terms of participation and namely for first promotional video and media coverage by English dailies Hindustan Times, The Telegraph and The Times of India.
When on-the-spot registrations for Anwesha opened on January 31, 2014, the Registration Desk received more than 150 registrations within the first hour itself. More than 1,500 on-spot registrations were recorded on first day of 2014 Edition. Campus Ambassador Program started to expand fest reach beyond city reached out to 150 colleges across India. A total of 52 events were successfully organised, with 17 technical events, 13 cultural events, 9 eco events and 7 literary events. 6 new management events were also introduced in 2014 Edition. Prize money of ₹3.5 lakh was up for grabs across various events and 300 students participated in Mr and Ms Anwesha’14.
Seventh edition of Anwesha will be organised from 23 January 2016 and FMI 2014 finalist and Miss Indore Simran Khandelwal will grace the auditions as a judge.
Over the years pro-nights have starred various renowned artists, rock bands and well-known personalities in various editions of festival.
Rock Bands Sifar(2011), Faridkot (2012), The Local Train (2013), Kaash (2013), Eka(2014), Swarathma(2015) and Lagori(2015) have enthralled audiences with their live performances in previous fest editions.
Art and Fashion
Other Major Attractions include Femina Miss India Auditions with Miss India International 2013 Gurleen Grewal (2014) and Miss India Earth 2013 Sobhita Dhulipala (2015) and Hand Shadowgraphy performance by renowned artist Amar Sen and Sabyasachi Sen together in 2015 Fest Edition.
The Fest brings splendid range of events categorized into Cultural, Technical, Literary and Fine Arts, Management and Eco. The Genre Cultural is sub-divided into events that draw inspiration from Dramatics, Music, Dance and Film and Media. Technical events draw inspiration from social issues and engineering fields of Computer Science, Chemical, Civil, Electrical Sciences and Mechanical. The student-led organizing committee is always constantly looking to improve, re-invent and explore new ideas into competitions. The complete list of events can be found on the official website.
|Year||Keynote Speaker||Title of Session|
|2010||Dr. Upendra Singh, Chief Technologist, Langley Research Center, NASA||NASA’s future vision for earth science missions for global observations and the
challenges associated in applying them for societal benefit.
|Dr. Kumar Padmanabh, Researcher|| Minimizing the carbon emission and restricting air pollution below 350 parts per million.|
|2011||Prof. R.K. Sihna (Dolphin man of India)||Conservation of Gangetic Dolphin|
|2012||Prof. Prabhat Ranjan||Application of Sensor Networks|
|2013||Padma Shri Prof. Bimal Roy, Director, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata||Statistics, Combinatorics and Cryptology.|
|2014||Mr. Vikram Upadhyaya, Board Member, Indian Angel Network||Setting up Global Ventures and Franchising|
|2015||Mr. Farrhad Acidwalla, Founder, Rockstah Media||Entrepreneurship - Initiative is Everything|
|Mr. Anirudh Sharma, Founder, Ducere Technologies||Entrepreneurship - Walking With the Blind|
|2010||Mr. Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister, Govt. of Bihar||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|2011||Shri G Madhavan Nair, Former Chairman of ISRO||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|Shri G Mahalingam, Executive Director, RBI||Guest of Honour for Event Forex|
|Prof. Gautam Barua, Ex-Director, IIT-Guwahati||Guest Lecturer|
|2012||Shri Abhay Anand, Former Director General of Police, Bihar||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|2013||Mr. Ashok Kumar Sihna, Ex-Chief Secretary, Govt of Bihar||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|2014||Hon’ble Justice Sh. Navaniti Prasad Singh, Patna High Court||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|Sh Shatrughan Sinha, Veteran Actor and Member of Parliament||Chief Guest, Valedictory Ceremony|
Media and Publicity
Previous editions have been covered by English media houses Hindustan Times, The Times of India and The Telegraph. Hindi Dailies Dainik Jagran, Prabhat Khabar, Rashtriya Sahara have also covered the fest over the years. In 2013 Inext (tabloid bilingual daily newspaper in India) did special three day coverage of fest. The Telegraph and The Times of India were associate sponsors for the fest in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- Updated on: Sun 13-Jan-2013 12:17:05 (GMT) (2013-01-13). "Students Ready For Anwesha -201301130012". Inextlive.jagran.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "पटना में रॉक कल्चर की शुरुआत कर रहे टेक्नोक्रेट्स | PrabhatKhabar.com : Hindi News Portal to Eastern India". PrabhatKhabar.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "IIT-Patna fest Anwesha 2014 kicks off - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Vithika Salomi, TNN Jan 15, 2014, 12.43AM IST (2014-01-15). "Fun-filled days for tech collegians in the offing - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Myriad of events to pep up Anwesha". Telegraphindia.com. 1999-03-01. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Fest kicks off on high note". Telegraphindia.com. 1999-03-01. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Allah ke Bandey Song Cover, Anwesha'10". You-Tube. 009raptor. 2010-03-07. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Dooba Dooba Song Cover, Anwesha'10". You-Tube. 009raptor. 2010-03-07. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Media Coverage - Anwesha'13". Facebook. Anwesha. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Successful Conclusion of Anwesha". Welcome to IITP. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Salomi, Vithika (2014-02-02). "School students win band war at IIT-Patna fest". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Siddhant, Anjali crowned at IIT-Patna fest 'Anwesha'". Times of India. 2014-02-03. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Quest for face of ramp in fest - Band & contests on ‘Anwesha’ menu". The Telegraph, Calcutta. 2013-01-14. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Singh, Saurav (2015-02-20). "Addy performs at the annual cultural fest of IIT-Patna". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kumar, Roshan (2013-02-02). "Techies scorch stage & ramp". The Telegraph, Calcutta. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Past Shows". Humor Beings. Nitin Gupta. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "gurleen-grewal-in-patna-fashion-week-2014". dainikbhaskar.com. 2014-02-01. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "IIT fest ends on high note". The Telegraph, Calcutta. 2015-02-02. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "March 06, 2010, IIT Patna". Dr. Kumar Padmanabh. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Salomi, Vithika (2015-01-31). "This CEO aspires to serve world’s biggest clientele". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kashyap, Pooja (2015-01-17). "IIT-P's techno-cultural fest in Feb". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kumar, Roshan (2012-02-25). "IIT’s tech fest quest - Engineering colleges take part in event". The Telegraph, Calcutta. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "IITP's 3-day festbegins today". The Times of India. 2015-02-01. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kumar, Roshan (2014-02-03). "Curtains on three-day frenzy with fanfare". The Telegraph, Calcutta. Retrieved 2015-06-09.