|Type||Student run Non-Profit Organization|
|Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Patna|
|Major events||Technical, Cultural, Literary events|
|Slogan||Think. Dream. Live.|
Anwesha is the Annual Techno-Cultural Festival of Indian Institute of Technology Patna. It is a three-day-long event usually held towards the end of January every year. The fest hosts Technical, Cultural, Literary, Eco and Management events. The first edition of Anwesha took place in 2010. It draws a footfall of about 4,500 from more than 140 colleges across the country. Management events such as Stock Mart, B-quiz, Vendre and eco events like Eco-debate, Green quiz give participants ample scope to showcase their talents. Anwesha enjoys a cult status among the youths of Bihar. Eminent personalities such as chief minister Nitish Kumar, Padma Vibhushan, G. Madhavan Nair, R.K. Sihna (Dolphin Man of India), have been part of Anwesha’s extravaganza in the past.
The event name is derived from the Sanskrit word Anwesha, meaning quest. The first took place in March, 2010 with the aim of helping students gain experience and provide them with a showcase. It was opened by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and featured a Hindi-Rock band comprising IITP students.
The involvement of the Campus Ambassador Program for the 2014 event saw the event reach beyond the city of Patna to 150 colleges across India. A total of 52 events were organised, with 17 technical events, 13 cultural events, 9 eco events and 7 literary events. Six new management events were also introduced in 2014 Edition. There was prize money of ₹3.5 lakh across various events and 300 students participated in the Mr and Ms Anwesha ’14 competition.
The seventh event was due to take place from 23 January 2016.
Over the years, pro-nights have starred various artists, rock bands and personalities. These have included the rock bands Sifar (2011), Swarathma(2015) and Euphoria(2016), together with classical music performances from the likes of Kamala Shankar (2012) and Priya Venkataraman (2013). The poet Kumar Vishwas performed in 2012.
|Year||Keynote Speaker||Title of Session|
|2010||Dr. Upendra Singh, Chief Technologist, Langley Research Center, NASA||NASA’s future vision for earth science missions for global observations and the
challenges associated in applying them for societal benefit.
|Dr. Kumar Padmanabh, Researcher|| Minimizing the carbon emission and restricting air pollution below 350 parts per million.|
|2011||Prof. (Dolphin man of India)||Conservation of Gangetic Dolphin|
|2012||Prof. Prabhat Ranjan||Application of Sensor Networks|
|2013||Prof. Bimal Kumar Roy, Director, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata||Statistics, Combinatorics and Cryptology.|
|2014||Vikram Upadhyaya, Board Member, Indian Angel Network||Setting up Global Ventures and Franchising|
|2015||Farrhad Acidwalla, Founder, Rockstah Media||Entrepreneurship - Initiative is Everything|
|Anirudh Sharma, Founder, Ducere Technologies||Entrepreneurship - Walking With the Blind|
|2010||Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister, Govt. of Bihar||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|2011||G. Madhavan Nair, Former Chairman of ISRO||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|G. Mahalingam, Executive Director, RBI||Guest of Honour for Event Forex|
|Gautam Barua, Ex-Director, IIT-Guwahati||Guest Lecturer|
|2012||Abhayanand, Former Director General of Police, Bihar||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|2013||Ashok Kumar Sinha, Ex-Chief Secretary, Govt of Bihar||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|2014||Navaniti Prasad Singh, Patna High Court||Chief Guest, Inauguration Ceremony|
|Shatrughan Sinha, Veteran Actor and Member of Parliament||Chief Guest, Valedictory Ceremony|
- "Students Ready For Anwesha -201301130012". Inextlive.jagran.com. 2013-01-13. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "पटना में रॉक कल्चर की शुरुआत कर रहे टेक्नोक्रेट्स | PrabhatKhabar.com : Hindi News Portal to Eastern India". PrabhatKhabar.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "IIT-Patna fest Anwesha 2014 kicks off - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Vithika Salomi (2014-01-15). "Fun-filled days for tech collegians in the offing - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Myriad of events to pep up Anwesha". Telegraphindia.com. 1999-03-01. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Fest kicks off on high note". Telegraphindia.com. 1999-03-01. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Successful Conclusion of Anwesha". Welcome to IITP. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Salomi, Vithika (2014-02-02). "School students win band war at IIT-Patna fest". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Siddhant, Anjali crowned at IIT-Patna fest 'Anwesha'". Times of India. 2014-02-03. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Singh, Saurav (2015-02-20). "Addy performs at the annual cultural fest of IIT-Patna". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kumar, Roshan (2013-02-02). "Techies scorch stage & ramp". The Telegraph, Calcutta. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "gurleen-grewal-in-patna-fashion-week-2014". dainikbhaskar.com. 2014-02-01. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "March 06, 2010, IIT Patna". Dr. Kumar Padmanabh. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Salomi, Vithika (2015-01-31). "This CEO aspires to serve world's biggest clientele". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kashyap, Pooja (2015-01-17). "IIT-P's techno-cultural fest in Feb". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kumar, Roshan (2012-02-25). "IIT's tech fest quest - Engineering colleges take part in event". The Telegraph, Calcutta. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "IITP's 3-day festbegins today". The Times of India. 2015-02-01. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kumar, Roshan (2014-02-03). "Curtains on three-day frenzy with fanfare". The Telegraph, Calcutta. Retrieved 2015-06-09.