|Birth name||Anwesha Dattagupta|
|Born||15 December 1993|
|Origin||Golf Green, Kolkata, India|
|Genres||Film music (playback singing), Indian classical music, Rabindra Sangeet|
Anweshaa (born Anwesha Dattagupta; 15 December 1993, Changed Her Name to Anweshaa) is an Indian singer who made her presence felt in the Indian music scene at the age of 13 through the reality show Amul STAR Voice of India, Chhote Ustaad. Anweshaa was runner-up in the finals, where the outcome was solely decided on the number of votes polled. She was the favorite of judges throughout the contest and had the sole distinction of winning a Sarvottam for all her performance. Anwesha is known for starring in Amul Music ka maha muqqabla at the age of 16. She not only had the sole distinction of '6 Singer of the Day awards' for seven performances, but also won the 'Singer of the Series award'. In spite of being the youngest in the show, she defeated the winners and participants of various shows (Indian idol, JJWS, SVOI, SAREGAMAPA) who participated in 'music ka maha muqqabla' and received the award. She was hugely applauded in this show for her flawless and rocking performances, which helped her team to the finals. Also one of the opposite teams captain in the show, Shankar Mahadevan said that '"she was the best singer that ever emerged from a reality show after Shreya Ghoshal in the 90s". She has also made her debut in commercial playback singing in a Hindi movie Golmaal Returns. Anweshaa has sung the song Tha Karke, which is said to be the most expensive song to ever be shot in Bollywood. Apart from few Bollywood songs, She has sung many Bengali songs, albums, two Tamil songs and one Telugu song for the movie (Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?) and a Telugu album song to her credit. Anwesha made her Kannada debut with the film Santheyalli Nintha Kabira in 2016. She also appeared in Coke Studio aside Papon. Along with other awards, she won Best female playback singer award for Bengali song in Tele Cine Awards 2011 (nominations included Shreya Ghoshal, Richa Sharma, June Banerjee).
Anwesha is a student of Lycée School, Kolkata. She is the only child of Mita and Kushal Dattagupta. Anwesha's ambition is to become a playback singer in the music industry and she idolises her parents. Her favourite singer is Lata Mangeshkar and Amitabh Bachchan is her favorite actor. She started yoga when she was only six. Anwesha does four hours of 'Riyaz'(Practice) every day. She also likes reading detective stories and enjoys cricket & football (soccer in America).
At the age of four, Gupta started her training under Shri Jayanta Sarkar, a leading personality in Indian classical music and a composer. Anwesha still continues her training in Hindustani Classical music under him. She is guided by her mother in light music.
Anwesha achieved 1st Division with Distinction in Hindustani Vocal and Rabindra Sangeet under Bangiya Sangeet Parishad Examination (2002–03 and 2003–04). She also became one of the few recipients of the Jugal Srimal Talent Scholarship in Rabindra Sangeet, given by Tagore Foundation.
Anwesha was the Winner of "Young Talent Contest – 2004" in Indian Popular Vocal category (Junior) organized by the Calcutta School of Music. She has also won the All Bengal (Inter School) Music Competition 2006 organized by Smile World, an NGO. She was also the runner up at Amul Star Voice of India Chhote Ustaad. 
Early public appearances
Anwesha performed in Sabujer Deshe in 2000 (ETV Bangla). She was a Mega Finalist in Tarana music competition (1st Schedule) which was telecast in January 2003 (ETV Bangla). In early 2007, she also participated in the musical game show Antakshari (Star Plus) where she represented East Zone. In 2015 December a concerts in kalna in (pithe pulli) utsav. Bardhaman, west Bengal.
- "Mohiyoshi" composed by Shri Jwatileshwar Mukhopadhyay in the album Ei Prothom Abhijit.
- "Sukher Mela Biswa Bhubone" in a Thalassemia Project by the West Bengal Voluntary Blood Donors' Forum.
- "Prabahini", a West Bengal Govt. Project.
Lycée School, Kolkata
Anwesshaa composed and scripted the lyrics for the following singles.
She has been releasing these compositions on her Youtube channel Anwesshaa_Official.
- Kate na ratiya (Presented in a live performance – Bangalore Durga puja 2016 organized by the Sarathi socio-cultural trust)
- Kagojer Nouko Acoustic guitar – Rhythm Shaw, Sound engineer – Kohinoor Mukherjee)
- Devaa Vocals – Anwesshaa and Kaustuv Kanti Ganguly
- Dhun Bihu ki pukare Vocals – Trijoy Deb and Anwesshaa
- Maahiya Vocals – Anwesshaa, Music producer – Akshay Akash
- Khaamoshiyaan Vocals – Anwesshaa, Arrangement- Akshay Akash, Piano – Akshay Menon, Table – Amit Choubey, Mixing – Kohinoor Mukherjee
- Gatihara Dupur Music Producer: Shamik Chakravarty, Mixing & Mastering: Ananjan Chakraborty, Video: Visual Diary Motion Picture
- Swapno bari (Acoustic guitar – Rhythm Shaw, Sound engineer – Kohinoor Mukherjee)
- Mizaaj-e-ishq – Hindi Indi-pop album
- Aye chol – Vocals: Anwesshaa and Sarmishtha
- Mehek – Vocals: Anwesshaa, Sound engineer – Kohineer Mukherjee, Producer – Akshay Menon
- Balcony - Upcoming single
Anwesshaa has composed songs in the following feature films:
Discography (partial list)
|2008||Tha Kar Ke
Tha Kar Ke (Remix)
|Golmaal Returns||Pritam||Neeraj Shridhar, Akriti Kakkar, Earl, Indie||Hindi|
|2010||Megam Vandhu Pogum||Mandhira Punnagai||Vidyasagar||Madhu Balakrishnan||Tamil|
|2011||Brishti||Ajob prem ebong||Shamik Sinha||Bengali|
|2011||Door theke aar doore||Shaan|
|2012||Jaane jaan||Accident||Joy Sarkar|
|2012||Tumse Pyaar Hai Already||100% Love||Samidh Mukerjee||Samidh Mukerjee|
|2012||Ishq Mein Ruswaa||Dangerous Ishhq||Himesh Reshammiya||Solo||Hindi|
|2012||Bojhena Se Bojhena||Bojhena Shey Bojhena||Indradeep Dasgupta||Arijit Singh||Bengali|
|2012||Anuraagame Haaratulaye||Uu Kodathara Ulikki Padathara||Bobo Shashi, Vidya Sagar||Karthik||Telugu|
|2013||Saaradin aar saara raat||Rupkatha Noy||Joy Sarkar||Bengali|
|2013||Mon Baware||Kanamachi||Indradeep Dasgupta||Arijit Singh, Timir Biswas, Ujjaini Mukherjee|
|2013||Banarasiya||Raanjhanaa||A. R. Rahman||Shreya Ghoshal, Meenal Jain||Hindi|
|2014||Tu Sab Kuch Re||Kaanchi: The Unbreakable||Ismail Darbar||Sonu Nigam, Ismail Darbar|
|2014||Koshampa||Aman Trikha, Sanchita Bhattyacharya, Subhash Ghai|
|2014||Bol Rahi Hai Payal||Revolver Rani||Sanjeev Srivastava||Avi Dutta|
|2015||Jalte Diye||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo||Himesh Reshammiya||Vinit Singh, Harshdeep Kaur, Shabab Sabri|
|2015||Ni Sa Gari Sa||Darling 2||Radhan||Naresh Iyer||Tamil|
|2015||Taake Khuji||Abby Sen||Joy Sarkar||–||Bengali|
|2016||Aaj Amaye||Power||Jeet Gannguli||Jeet Gannnguli|
|2016||Baare Ninage Naanu||Santheyalli Nintha Kabira||Ismail Darbar||Sonu Nigam||Kannada|
|2016||Navu premada huccharu||Kavita Seth|
|2016||Ektu Chowate||Tui Je Amar||Ashok Bhadra||Zubeen Garg||Bengali|
|2016||Dhire Dhire||Aynabaji||Habib Wahid||Habib Wahid|
|2016||Enendu Hesaridali||Enendu Hesaridali||Surendra Nath B R||Sandeep Bankeshwar||Kannada|
|2016||Nenapagali Nenneyu||Manoj Vasishta|
|2016||Thiyya Thiyyani||Pittagoda||Pranam Kamlakhar||Telugu|
|2016||Bholi Surat Dil Ke Khot||Ekk Albela||C Ramachandra||Vinay Mandke||Marathi|
|2016||Sukho Thikana||Thammar Boyfriend||Dolaan Mainnakk||Bengali|
|2016||"Bojhabo Ki Kore"||Haripad Bandwala||Indraadip Dasgupta||Arijit Singh|
|2017||"Bhalo Laage Tomake"||Tomake Chai|
|2017||Tujhse Milke Ye Baawra||Single||Shreyash Shandiliya||Hindi|
|2017||"Amar Je Kichu Kotha"||Amar Aponjon||Dabbu||Bengali|
|2017||"Minnaminungu"||Theeram||Afzal Yusuf||Najim Arshad||Malayalam|
|2017||Nee Enagee||Hottegagi Genu Battegagi||Ramachandra Hadpad||Kannada|
|2018||Dhoyan dhoyan||Kaya||Anindya Sahor||Bengali|
|2018||Moner ei janala||Shubhayoo|
|2018||Jagnyala pankha phutle||Baban||Harsshit Abhiraj||Onkarswaroop||Marathi|
|2018||Shravan Mahina||Harsshit Abhiraj||Solo|
|2018||Churi Jai Beduwiner||Dwikhondito||Arup Bhattacharjee||Solo||Bengali|
|2019||Urte Diyechi||Nabajiban Bima Company||Kumar Sanu||Sonu Nigam||Bengali|
|2019||Eki Meyer Golpo||Lime'nLight||Anwesshaa||Solo||Bengali|
|2020||Rangi saari gulaabi||Bohomaan||Pt. Tanmoy Bose||Solo||Bengali|
|2020||Kagojer Bari||Sanjhbati||Anupam Roy||Solo||Bengali|
- Nachiketa Ebar Safar
- Neel Dariya
- E-pothe Anweshaa
- Nana Range Anweshaa
- Aaradhana (One of several artists)
- Nilathattam (One of several artists)
- Antaranga (One of several artists)
- Ekla Tor – Sarata Din
- Aarzoo (One of several artists)
- Dil Ki Baatein (One of several artists)
- Krishnaruupa (One of several artists), song – "Shreenathji Darshan"
- Tum Sang (Composer: Swapnil Mistry – Nominated for Artists Aloud Best song)
- Sukh Dukh (Composer: Swapnil Mistry, Unreleased)
- Masoom Sapney (Composer: Ananjan Chakraborty)
- Kuch thikana nahi (Composer: Abhishek Ray)
- Sukha patta (Composer: Abhishek Ray)
- Phir kyun bhoola tu insaniyat (one of several artists, Composer: Sandeep-Ashutosh)
- Tere sang (Composer: Vinay Patil)
- Akash hote chai (Composer: Asheq Manzur)
- Kuch baatein yuhin hain na (Composer: Ajay Singha)
- Larzish (Composer: Abhishek Ray, Lyricist: Avinash Tripathi)
- Reshmi dhaage (Composer: Abhishek Ray, Lyricist: Avinash Tripathi)
- Saiyaan re (Composer: Prasun Das)
- Tuzya Vina (Marathi Composed By Prasad Phatak – Award for best singer, Marathi single)
- Sajan ghar aao re (Composition: Prasad Phatak; Lyrics: Sameer Samant)
- Laage buke laage (Composer: Imran Mahmudul)
- Ichhe Kore (Singer: Anwesshaa; Lyricist: Prabir Mukhopadhyay; Music Direction and Composition: Anjan Majumdar; Music Arrangements: Pt.Debojyoti (Tony) Bose; Sound Recordist: Gautam Basu, Sanjay Ghosh; Studio: Vibration & Resonance Music Video : Milton)
- Manbasiyaan (Singers: Anwesshaa & Abhishek Ray, Lyrics – Avinash Tripathi)
- Yaadon ke panchhi (Composer: Abhishek ray; Vocals – Anwesshaa & Abhishek, Lyrics – Manvendra)
- Kontya Kshani Haravati ashya (Marathi Composed By Jeevan Marathe Lyrics: Vaishali Marathe)
- Abol gandh premacha (Singers: Anwesshaa, Jeevan Marathe; Composition: Jeevan Marathe; Lyrics: Vaishali Marathe)
- Man He Vede Ka Punha (Marathi Composed By Jeevan Marathe Lyrics: Vaishali Marathe Producer : Shrinivas G. Kulkarni)
- Premamruthi Krupanidhi (Composer: Kamlakar Rao, Vocals: Anwesshaa, Mohan veena: Pt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Tabla: Ojas Adhiya, Harmonium: Feroz Khan and other talented artists)
- Saiyaan ree (Singer: Anwesshaa, Composition – Prasun Das)
- Dushwaari (Vocals: Anwesshaa & Abhishek Ray, Composition: Abhishek Ray, Lyrics: Avinash Swaroop)
- Aanch Laagi (Singers: Anwesshaa & Abhishek Ray, Lyrics/composition – Abhishek Ray)
- Kotha roilo (Singer: Anwesshaa, Composition – Asheq Manzur)
- Chitthiyon wala pyar (Singer: Anwesshaa & Abhay Jodhpurkar, Composition – Ajay Singha)
Amul STAR Voice of India Chhote Ustaad
In 2007–08, she participated in the juniors version of the popular musical reality show Amul STAR Voice of India named Chhote Ustaad. Aishwarya Majmudar was winner and Anwesha became runner up in competition.
After Chhote Ustaad
- Anwesha recorded her second playback song for a Bengali film Khela, directed by Rituparno Ghosh, a Bengali film director, on 6 May 2008.
- Anwesha got her first break as a commercial playback singer in the film Golmaal Returns (Music Director – Pritam) where she sings for Amrita Arora/Kareena Kapoor.
- She sung the title song for the TV show Waar Parriwar by Gajendra Singh alongside Shaan.
- She will be recording a Bengali Album, which would release during the Pooja.
- Anwesha recorded a song with Planman Motion Pictures in the 2012 romantic comedy I M 24 with music director Jatin Pandit.
- Anwesha also participated in NABC-2009 held at San Jose, California where she delivered soulful numbers with Shaan
- Anwesha Tamil debut with the song called "Megam Vanthu Pogum" (Cloud comes and disappears)from the movie called Mandhira Punnagai(Mandhra of Smile), music by one of the greatest music director Vidhyasagar. For the same music director, she has recorded a new song for the new Tamil movie Ilaignan. The song title goes as Mazhaiyil Kulitha along with Karthik
- She received best female upcoming singer of the year award for the debut Tamil song in music mirchi awards 2010.
- She sang, as promised by Himesh Reshammiya (during "Music Ka Maha Muqabala"), one of the songs of the movie Dangerous Ishhq (Vikram Bhatt 2012):
- Anwesha sang the song "Banarasiya" with Shreya Ghoshal and Meenal Jain from the 2013 film Raanjhanaa with music composed by AR Rahman.
- In 2016, Anwesha made her Kannada debut with the most expected film Santheyalli Nintha Kabira (to be released) where she has sung 3 songs for Ismail Darbar.
Music ka Maha Muqqabla
Anwesha participated in Music ka Maha Muqqabla held in 2009–2010 which was organised by Star Plus. Six teams competed for the title which were captained by Shankar Mahadevan, Shaan, Himesh Reshammiya, Shreya Ghoshal, Mohit Chauhan and Mika Singh. Anwesha played for Shaan along with Bharath, Harshit Saxena and Shadab where the team came second.
MTV Coke Studio
- "Anwesshaa: Being compared to Shreya Ghoshal makes me more responsible". radioandmusic.com. 21 November 2015.
- "Music Review: Prem Ratan Dhan Payo". The Times of India.
- "Music Reviews: Prem Ratan Dhan Payo". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 16 November 2015. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' Music Review: Passionate Creations with Rich Melodies". India West.
- "Golmaal Returns : Music Review by Joginder Tuteja". BollywoodHungama.com.
- "Rohit Shetty shoots costliest song". StarBoxOffice.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2012.
- "Chhote Ustaad(Star Plus) – Anwesha's Profile". Indya.com. Archived from the original on 10 May 2008.
- "Achievements – Anwesha". Official web page of Anwesha. Archived from the original on 29 October 2008.
- "Anwesha's official website – Achievements". AnweshaDattaGupta.com. Archived from the original on 16 May 2008.
- "Saregama releases 2016 version of 'Bholi Surat Dil Ke Khote'". radioandmusic.com. 16 June 2016.
- "Theeram Juke Box – Afzal Yusuff , Shreya Ghoshal & Quincy Chettupally , Najim Arshad & Anweshaa, Armaan Malik & Tabitha, Niraj Suresh & Sanoop Kumar". 5 August 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Little Champs On Song". The Telegraph.
- "Pritam gives two Chhote Ustaad contestants an opportunity to sing in Golmaal Returns". The Statesman.[permanent dead link]
- "Highlights of Episode 24". Indya.com. Archived from the original on 10 May 2008.
- "Chhote Ustad Anwesha records for I M 24". GlamSham.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)