Any Video Converter
6.2.3 / March 23, 2018
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, macOS|
|Size||43.8 MB (full), 42.3 MB (free)|
|Available in||25 languages|
|License||Proprietary (freeware and commercial)|
|As of||8 September 2017|
Any Video Converter is a video converter developed by Anvsoft Inc. for Microsoft Windows and macOS. It is available in both a free and paid version. Any Video Converter Windows version has won the CNET Downloads 5 star award.
The software converts most video files including AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, MPG, M2TS, MTS, RMVB, AVCHD, MKV, WebM(V8), QT, WMV, VOB, 3GP, 3GPP2, DivX, and more into other formats such as AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, WMV, MP3, etc. The resulting output files can be transferred to an iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, PSP, Samsung, HTC, Android, BlackBerry, Nokia, Xbox, Smartphones, etc.
This freeware also performs functions such as downloading videos from online video-sharing sites such as YouTube, Niconico, MetaCafe, etc. Users can edit videos as they like such as cutting, rotating, flipping, adding video effects, combining multiple videos into one file. Moreover, It also allows users to create HTML5 videos with embedding code ready to use for websites, burn videos to DVD or AVCHD DVD disc, boost video conversion speed up to 6X faster with CUDA acceleration. It can also use AMD APP Encoder for X264/H264 video encoding.
Windows Vista Magazine had a tutorial on converting video files with the software for viewing on a PSP in its April 2007 issue. The software was also reviewed in 2008 by MacLife for its capability to convert files for viewing on an iPod.
The free version of AVC is ad-supported. While it does not appear to contain malware, the Windows installer does default to include potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) such as virus scanners and/or toolbars. However, the user can avoid installing these PUPs by selecting the Customize Install option and not accepting installation of the optional, recommended software.
- "What's New for Any Video Converter Pro". AVC Labs. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- "www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_ultimate/". AVC Labs. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "any-video-converter.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "AVC Windows Products". AVC Labs. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "CNET Downloads 5 star award". CNET Downloads. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Supported Video Formats". AVC Labs. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- Gralla, Preston. "Any Video Converter Free Version". PCWorld. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- Broida, Rick (30 November 2006). "Download of the Day: Any Video Converter (Windows)". Lifehacker. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- You don't need UMD to watch movies on a PSP. Windows Vista Magazine. April 2007.
- Ilascu, Ionut (17 February 2009). "Any Video Converter". Softpedia. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- Pack Your 'Pod with TV Shows in Windows Vista. MacLife. Winter 2008. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "A Review of Any Video Converter, a Free Video Converter Program". Lifewire. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- "Any Video Converter - Virus and Malware". any-video-converter.en.lo4d.com. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- "Avoid Downloading Unwanted Software - Consumer Reports New". Retrieved 2017-06-01.