Anyone Can Fall in Love
|"Anyone Can Fall in Love"|
|Single by Anita Dobson and the Simon May Orchestra|
|from the album Simon's Way|
|B-side||"EastEnders theme tune"|
|Songwriter(s)||Music: Simon May and Leslie Osborne|
Lyrics: Don Black
|Producer(s)||Simon May, Dave Hewson|
|Anita Dobson singles chronology|
"Anyone Can Fall in Love" is a song, released in 1986, by EastEnders actress Anita Dobson, who played the character of Angie Watts. The song was released as a single, reaching #4 in the UK Singles Chart.
"Anyone Can Fall in Love" is a version of the EastEnders theme tune, with lyrics. The original composition was by Simon May (assisted by Leslie Osborne), and the lyrics were written by Don Black. In July 2016, it was revealed that the track was the 12th highest-charting TV theme of all time in the UK.
In popular culture
The single was parodied by Victoria Wood, as an announcement at the end of an edition of Acorn Antiques, within Wood's TV show Victoria Wood As Seen On TV, stated that a single titled "Anyone Can Break A Vase", sung by Miss Babs, was now on sale.
English alternative dance artist Kindness included a cover version of the song on his 2012 album World, You Need a Change of Mind.
- Morris, Jennifer (19 February 2015). "Meet the man behind Eastenders' famous 'doof doof' intro". Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Anita Dobson: Angie doesn't live here any more..." 30 June 2002. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Anita Dobson - full Official Chart History - Official Charts Company". Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "What are the biggest TV themes of all time?". 20 July 2016. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- Eames, Tom (20 July 2016). "What are the biggest TV themes of all time?". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- Larkin, Colin (27 May 2011). "The Encyclopedia of Popular Music". Omnibus Press. Retrieved 18 March 2017 – via Google Books.
|This 1980s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|