Anyone Else but You
|"Anyone Else but You"|
|Single by The Moldy Peaches|
|from the album The Moldy Peaches|
2008 (single re-release)
|Genre||Anti-folk, indie folk, acoustic|
|Songwriter(s)||Kimya Dawson, Adam Green|
"Anyone Else but You" is a song by the indie rock band The Moldy Peaches. The song became popular after being featured on the soundtrack of the 2007 film Juno, as it was used extensively in the film, along with several other songs by Kimya Dawson that she wrote for her toddler. A version is also performed by the two main characters (Ellen Page and Michael Cera) at the end of the film. The Page and Cera version of the song was a minor chart success in the United States, reaching #91 on the Billboard Hot 100 in January 2008.
In popular culture
- The song was used in a mobile phone TV-ad in France during World Cup 2006, featuring French star Zinedine Zidane.
- Kimya Dawson and Adam Green of The Moldy Peaches performed this on The View.
- This song is also in the documentary Murderball, a movie about wheelchair rugby.
- The song has also been redone by another artist for Atlantis Resorts advertisements.
- Carla Bruni has also performed this song, alongside Julien Doré.
- Chad Gilbert and Hayley Williams covered the song as part of Gilbert's solo project.
- A spoof of the song was performed in Disaster Movie by Crista Flanagan. When her boyfriend starts insulting her she hits him with the guitar.
- In the 30 Rock episode Secret Santa, Liz Lemon sings a parody of the song as a Christmas gift for Jack Donaghy. 
- "Moldy Peaches Reunite on 'Juno' Soundtrack". NPR. 16 January 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- Michaels, Sean (1 February 2008). "Juno breaks records, sells them too". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Michael Cera - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Blake, Meredith (2009-12-11). "'30 Rock': The most wonderful time of the year?". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
|This folk song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|