Anything Goes (AC/DC song)
|Single by AC/DC|
|from the album Black Ice|
|Released||25 February 2009|
|Genre||Hard rock, Blues rock|
|Writer(s)||Angus Young, Malcolm Young|
|AC/DC singles chronology|
"Anything Goes" is a song by the Australian hard rock group AC/DC. It is the fourth track from their album Black Ice. "Anything Goes" is one of five songs from the album that were played live on their Black Ice World Tour, however it was removed from the setlist on 25 October 2009 and was not played for the remainder of the tour. The single cover for Anything Goes is only the second AC/DC cover to feature frontman Brian Johnson alone (the 1986 re-release of "You Shook Me All Night Long" was the first); others have shown either the band or Angus Young.
"Anything Goes" was a last-time addition to Black Ice, written as the album was being recorded. The song's main riff bears a marked resemblance to the main riff of "The Shape of Things to Come" by The Headboys, which was a minor hit in 1979.
- Promo CD:
- "Anything Goes" – 3:22
- "Big Jack" – 3:57
- "War Machine" – 3:10
- Brian Johnson – lead vocals
- Angus Young – lead guitar
- Malcolm Young – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Cliff Williams – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Phil Rudd – drums, percussion
|U.S. Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||34|
- "Anything Goes video filmed". AC-DC.net (28 February 2009). Retrieved 2009-03-07
- di Perna, Alan (9 February 2009). "AC/DC: The Big Chill". Guitar World. p. 4. Archived from the original on 16 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Anything Goes" Issued As Single In Europe
- "Billboard Singles". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2010-02-28.