Anywhere I Wander
|"Anywhere I Wander"|
|Song by Danny Kaye|
The best-known recording, by Julius La Rosa, was released by Cadence Records as catalog number 1230. It first reached the Billboard magazine charts on January 31, 1953 and lasted 9 weeks on the chart, peaking at #4. It was Cadence's first single, and also La Rosa's first recording. The catalog number, 1230, is derived from La Rosa's birthday, January 2, 1930.
- Mel Torme's recording for Capitol Records charted briefly in November 1952 in the No. 30 spot.
- Hugo Winterhalter's Orchestra and Chorus recorded it at Manhattan Center, New York City, on November 26, 1952. It was released by RCA Victor Records as catalog number 20-5124 (in USA) and by EMI on the His Master's Voice label as catalog number B 10437.
- Tony Bennett - a single release in 1952 for Columbia Records (catalog No. 39866).
- Joni James included the song in her album Songs by Victor Young and Songs by Frank Loesser (1956).
- Saxophonist David Sanborn covered the song on his 1978 album Heart to Heart.
- Whitburn, Joel (1973). Top Pop Records 1940-1955. Record Research.
- Mike Callahan; David Edwards (2005-10-24). "Archie and the Metronome: The Cadence Records Story". Retrieved May 1, 2007.
LaRosa noted later that the number for the first issue was not an even number like 1200 because they just used his birthday as the record number (he was born 1/2/30).
- Whitburn, Joel (1986). Joel Whitburn's Pop Memories 1890-1954. Wisconsin, USA: Record Research Inc. p. 422. ISBN 0-89820-083-0.
- RCA Victor Records in the 20-5000 to 20-5499 series
- "The Interactive Tony Bennett Discography". The Interactive Tony Bennett Discography. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- "Discogs.com". Discogs.com. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- "Heart to Heart overview". Allmusic.com.
|This pop standards-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|