It Hurts (Slow)
|"It Hurts (Slow)"|
|Single by 2NE1|
|from the album To Anyone|
|A-side||"Go Away (Japanese version)"|
|Released||October 31, 2010|
|2NE1 singles chronology|
"It Hurts (Slow)" (Korean: "아파 (Slow)"; Apa (Slow), often simply referred to as "It Hurts") is a song by South Korean girl group 2NE1's album To Anyone. The song was produced by e.knock and Sunwoo Jung-a. The song was released as the seventh single from the album. It was first performed on October 31, 2010, with a music video releasing later that night. The song was praised highly for its unique sound.
A sample of 2NE1's "It Hurts (Slow)."
Problems playing this file? See media help.
The song was produced by e.knock and Sunwoo Jungah. It is considered an R&B song. At the album's release, it was praised as one of the best cuts from the album. On September 28, the song was performed live for the first time on Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook. One month later, it was officially confirmed as a follow up promotional single to the original three title tracks.
The song peaked at number four upon release of To Anyone on the Gaon Chart and number six on the monthly chart for September, 2010. The song was used as a promotional single until October 31, though, where it recharted at a peak of nine. "It Hurts" has sold over 1.7 million downloads by the end of 2010, plus an additional 600.000 downloads in 2011, it has sold over 2.300.000 digital copies, becoming one of the more successful singles from "To Anyone".
The music video was directed by Kim Hye-jeong, and starred model Lee Su-hyeok. The video was set on Dara and had a Gothic dark theme, due to its release on Halloween night. It shows the girls singing on top of a roof, with leaves falling down and mist everywhere. It also shows scenes with Dara in her house, brushing her hair, sitting in front of a dining table with a ruined cake on top. As the bridge begins, Dara wishes on a candle that her past love would come back. Her wish came true and he appears. They hug each other but only for a matter of time, as the candle is blown off again. The video ends with Dara shedding tears and just sitting alone in front of the ruined cake.
Credits and personnel
|South Korea (Gaon Chart)||4|
|South Korea (Gaon Chart)||6|
|South Korea (Gaon Chart)||30|
- Mun, Wan-sik (October 31, 2010). "'인기가요' 2NE1, 후속곡 '아파' 첫선 '4人4色'" [2NE1 on Inkigayo, "It Hurts" song debut: 4 people, 4 colors]. Star News (in Korean). MoneyToday. Retrieved November 13, 2010.
- "2NE1 후속곡 아파" [2NE1 Follow Up Song It Hurts]. YG Life (in Korean). YG Entertainment. October 30, 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2010.[dead link]
- "Rating the Latest Idol Group Comebacks". KBS World. KBS. November 15, 2010. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- "Gaon Chart Search: 2NE1". Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Retrieved October 30, 2010.
- "2NE1 파격 변신… '아파' 뮤비 공개 인기가요 첫무대" [2NE1 unprecedented transformation... "It Hurts" MV released and Inkigayo stage]. Nate News (in Korean). SK Communications. November 1, 2010. Retrieved November 3, 2010.
- "2010년 가온차트 부문별 Top 100위" [Gaon Chart Top 100 Rankings]. Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. February 8, 2011. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2NE1.|