This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Apache Software Foundation|
2.22.1 / September 7, 2018
|Type||Enterprise Integration Patterns Enterprise Service Bus SOA Message Oriented Middleware|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Apache Camel is an open source framework for message-oriented middleware with a rule-based routing and mediation engine that provides a Java object-based implementation of the Enterprise Integration Patterns using an application programming interface (or declarative Java domain-specific language) to configure routing and mediation rules. The domain-specific language means that Apache Camel can support type-safe smart completion of routing rules in an integrated development environment using regular Java code without large amounts of XML configuration files, though XML configuration inside Spring Framework is also supported.
- Several Maven-plugins are provided for validation and deployment.
- Graphical, Eclipse-based tooling is freely available from Red Hat. It provides graphical editing and debugging and advanced validation.
- Eclipse based tooling from Talend.
- AdroitLogic UltraESB
- Apache ServiceMix
- Red Hat Fuse
- Guaraná DSL
- Mule (software)
- Open ESB
- Service Component Architecture (SCA)
- Petals ESB
- IBM Integration Bus
- Akka (toolkit) open-source toolkit and runtime for Reactive programming, concurrent and distributed applications on the JVM with camel integration.
- Ibsen, Claus; Anstey, Jonathan (2010), Camel in Action (1st ed.), Manning Publications, p. 552, ISBN 978-1-935182-36-8
- Cranton, Scott; Korab, Jakub (2013), Apache Camel Developer's Cookbook (1st ed.), Packt Publishing, p. 424, ISBN 978-1-78217-030-3
- Ibryam, Bilgin (2013), Instant Apache Camel Message Routing (1st ed.), Packt Publishing, p. 62, ISBN 978-1-78328-347-7
- Ibryam, Bilgin (2016), Camel Design Patterns (1st ed.), Leanpub, p. 111
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|