1.7.0 / 23 March 2018
|Type||Database management system|
|License||Apache License 2.0 |
Apache Kudu is a free and open source column-oriented data store of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem. It is compatible with most of the data processing frameworks in the Hadoop environment. It provides a completes Hadoop's storage layer to enable fast analytics on fast data.
Comparison with other storage engines
According to the project Kudu shares some characteristics with HBase. Kudu supports "real-time store that supports key-indexed record lookup and mutation." as HBase. Kudu differ from HBase since Kudu's datamodel is more traditional relational, while HBase is schemaless. Kudu's "on-disk representation is truly columnar and follows an entirely different storage design than HBase/Bigtable".
- Pig (programming tool)
- Apache Hive
- Cloudera Impala
- Apache Parquet
- Apache Drill
- Apache Spark
- Apache Thrift
- "Apache Kudu - Releases". Archived from the original on 28 May 2018. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
Kudu 1.7.0 was released on March 23, 2018.
- "Project Status". 2017-05-21. Archived from the original on 2017-05-21. Retrieved 2017-05-21.
Is Kudu open source? Yes, Kudu is open source and licensed under the Apache Software License, version 2.0. Apache Kudu is a top level project (TLP) under the umbrella of the Apache Software Foundation.
- "Why was Kudu developed internally at Cloudera before its release?". 2017-05-21. Retrieved 2017-05-21.
- "Apache Kudu releases". 2017-05-21. Archived from the original on 2017-05-21. Retrieved 2017-05-21.
Kudu 1.0.0 was released on September 19, 2016. It is the first release not considered “beta”. […] Kudu 0.5.0 (beta) was released on Sep 28, 2015. It was the first public version of Kudu.
- "Why build a new storage engine? Why not just improve Apache HBase to increase its scan speed?". 2017-05-21. Archived from the original on 2017-05-21. Retrieved 2017-05-21.