This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018)
|Developer(s)||Apache ServiceMix Committee|
|Written in||Java, Scala, XML|
|Type||Enterprise service bus|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
ServiceMix is based on the service-oriented architecture (SOA) model. It is a project of the Apache Software Foundation and was built on the semantics and application programming interfaces of the Java Business Integration (JBI) specification JSR 208. The software is distributed under the Apache License. ServiceMix supports the OSGi framework. ServiceMix integrated Spring Framework support and can be run at the edge of the network (inside a client or server), as a standalone ESB provider or as a service within another ESB. ServiceMix is compatible with Java Platform, Standard Edition or a Java Platform, Enterprise Edition application server. ServiceMix uses ActiveMQ to provide remoting, clustering, reliability and distributed failover. The basic frameworks used by ServiceMix are Spring and XBean.
- "Developers Team".
- "ServiceMix 5.6.3 Release". Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "ServiceMix 6.1.4 Release". Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "ServiceMix 7.0.1 Release". Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- Irriger, Axel. "Apache ServiceMix". Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- Guillaume Nodet (September 19, 2007). "ServiceMix has graduated". Blog. Retrieved August 2, 2021.