Mehta in 2018
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Other names||Apara Jariwala|
Darshan Jariwala (m. 1980)
|Parent(s)||Ushakant Mehta (Father) and Mandakini Mehta (Mother)|
Apara learnt Classical Music from Ghulam Mustafa Khan and also learnt Kathak at a young age.
In 1980 she married Indian television and film personality Darshan Jariwala, with whom she has one daughter. The two have separated now. Excerpts about their personal life were shown in the reality show Maa Exchange, which aired on Sony Entertainment Television.
Mehta has worked on stage since 1981. She has acted in over 150 plays in various roles. She has found a constant career in plays.
- Apara started her television career anchoring a children's programme called Santakukdi for Mumbai Doordarshan at the age of 15.
- Her first major break was in Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka, in which she played Paro.
- This was followed by Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, in which she played Savita Mansukh Virani (mother-in-law of Tulsi).
- She then appeared in a negative role as Kukki Kaaki in Saat Phere and other soaps like Parrivaar, Dhak Dhak In Dubai, Dillagi, Alpviram, Hum Hain Anari, Love Marriage and Chandan Ka Palna....
- She also did comedy roles in Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo as Damini Devi Diwan, Golmaal Hai Bhai Sab Golmaal Hai as Pari on SAB TV and as Leela in Hamari Saas Leela on Colors TV.
- She also played supporting roles in some Bollywood films.
- She played a role in Firangi Bahu on Colors TV.
- She used to appear in Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai as Basundi on SAB TV.
- Presently, she appears on the weekend horror/thriller fiction show Qayamat Ki Raat on Star Plus as the main female protagonist's grandmother.
- Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka (1999)
- Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2000-2008) As Savita Mansukh Virani
- Khichdi (2004) Guest Appearance
- Saat Phere as Kukki Kaki (2006)
- Karam Apnaa Apnaa (2006)
- Parrivaar (2007)
- Dhak Dhak In Dubai (2007)
- Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (2009)
- Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo as Damini Devi Diwan (2009-2012)
- Hamari Saas Leela as Leela (2011)
- Kya Huaa Tera Vaada as Suhasi Alok Singh (2012-2013)
- Golmaal Hai Bhai Sab Golmaal Hai as Pari (2012)
- Firangi Bahu (Sahara One) (2013-2014)
- Jamai Raja as Nani (2014-2016)
- Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai as Basundi (2014)
- Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle as Mrs. Dilwale on Sab TV (2016)
- Naya Mahisagar as Tiwari Mehta
- Brahmarakshas (TV series) as Jasmit/Jassi/Dadi Bua (2016)
- Bakula Bua Ka Bhoot on &TV as Rekha (2017)
- Qayamat Ki Raat as Madhuri Thakur (Gauri's paternal grandmother)
- Yeh Teraa Ghar Yeh Meraa Ghar (2001) - Dayashankar's elder sister
- Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (2001) - Prostitute
- Devdas (2002 Hindi film) (2002) - Badi Aapa
- Just Married (2007)
- Tees Maar Khan (2010) - Tabrez Mirza Khan's (Tees Maar Khan) mother