Aparna Dutta Gupta
Aparna Dutta Gupta is an Indian scientist and professor. She teaches in the Department of Animal Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad. Her research is on botany, developmental biology and endocrinology. She has carried out research in the field of insect physiology, focusing on pests and their control. Her novel contribution includes that insect fat body expresses hexamerin genes, and the expressed proteins are sequestered by various tissues including male accessory-glands and play a role in reproduction.
She was a Fulbright Scholar & Visiting Scientist, Department of Biology, Marquette University, Milwaukee, USA (1984–1985). She was the Coordinator of the Centre for Biotechnology (2003–2006) and has also served as Head, Department of Animal Sciences (2003–2007) at the University of Hyderabad.
Awards and fellowships
She has received the following fellowships from various international organisations.
- NSA-JSPS Bilateral Exchange Fellow, Miyazaki University, Japan (2012).
- INSA-DFG International Exchange Fellow, Hamburg University, Germany (2008).
- DST-DAAD Exchange Fellow, University of Wuerzberg, Germany (1999–2003).
- INSA Exchange Fellowship, Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic (2000).
- Indo-German Exchange Programme Fellow, University Tübingen, Germany (1991).
- Arif, A., Dutta Gupta, A., Scheller, K. (2003) "Tyrosine kinase mediated phosphorylation of the hexamerin receptor in the rice moth Corcyra cephalonica by ecdysteroids."
- Chaitanya R.K., Sridevi P, Senthilkumaran B, Dutta-Gupta, A. (2012) "Effect of juvenile hormone analog, methoprene on H-fibroin regulation during the last instar larval development of Corcyra cephalonica." Gen. Comp. Endocrinol., doi 10.106/j.ygcem.2012.08.014.
- Parikipandla Sridevi, R. K. Chaitanya, Aparna Dutta Gupta, Balasubramanian Senthilkumaran (2012) "FTZ-F1 and FOXL2 up-regulate catfish brain aromatase gene transcription by specific binding to the promoter motifs." Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1819, 57-66.
- Parikipandla Sridevi, Aparna Dutta Gupta, Balasubramanian Senthilkumaran (2011) "Molecular cloning and expression analysis of fushi tarazu factor 1 in brain of airbreathing catfish", Clarias gariepinus. PLoS One 6(12):e28867.
- Madhusudhan Budatha, Thuirei Jacob Ningshen and Aparna Dutta Gupta (2011) "Is hexamerin receptor a GPI anchored protein in Achaea janata (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)?" J. Biosciences, 36, 545-553.
- Chaitanya RK, Sridevi P, Senthilkumaran B, Dutta Gupta A. (2011) "20-Hydroxyecdysone regulation of H-fibroin gene in the stored grain pest, Corcyra cephalonica, during the last instar larval development". Steroids, 76, 125–134.
- Kirankumar, N., Ismail, S. N., Dutta Gupta, A., (1997) "Uptake of storage protein in the rice moth Corcyra cephalonica: identification of storage protein binding proteins in the fat body cell membranes". Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Volume 27, Issue 7, Pages 671–679
- Rahul. "Aparna Dutta Gupta". Uohyd.ac.in.
- "Tyrosine kinase mediated phosphorylation of the hexamerin receptor in the rice moth Corcyra cephalonica by ecdysteroids". ResearchGate.
- Kirankumar, N.; M. Ismail, S.; Dutta-Gupta, Aparna (1 July 1997). "Uptake of storage protein in the rice moth Corcyra cephalonica: identification of storage protein binding proteins in the fat body cell membranes". Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 27 (7): 671–679. doi:10.1016/S0965-1748(97)00047-7 – via ScienceDirect.