|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Technology / real estate|
|Founded||2011 in San Francisco, California|
|Founders||John Kobs |
475 Brannan Street
San Francisco, California
|John Kobs (CEO)|
Matt Service (COO)
Matthew Woods (CSO)
Number of employees
The co-founders, John Kobs and Chris Erickson, launched Apartment List in September 2011 at TechCrunch Disrupt. They created the company after having negative experiences as both renters and landlords.
In November 2013, the company's first round of funding raised $23 million, with the lead investor being Matrix Partners. Another round of funding raised $50 million with Passport Capital in November 2017.
Large, professionally-managed properties are charged a variable fee to use its service. Landlords and building managers are connected to potential renters and pay a fee when a renter has moved into their property.
- Leadem, Rose (August 22, 2017). "Why This 'Ruthlessly Prioritizing' Entrepreneur Says You Should Write Down One Goal Each Day". Entrepreneur.
- "Home rental marketplace Apartment List raises $50 million". Venturebeat. January 18, 2018.
- "Overview of Ext GWT and GWT", Developing with Ext GWT, Apress, 2009, pp. 1–7, doi:10.1007/978-1-4302-1941-5_1, ISBN 9781430219408
- "ApartmentList Launches Recommendation Engine To Match You With The Right Apartment".
- "Apartment List Secures $50 Million Series C Funding To Take Over U.S. Rental Market". BusinessWire. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- "ApartmentList: $10M In Revenue After Only Four Years?". Mixergy.
- Katie Roof (November 3, 2016). "Apartment List raises $30 million to find you a home". Tech Crunch.
- Eddie Small (January 18, 2018). "Apartment List raises $50M in Series C round". The Real Deal New York.
- Sarah Perez (November 9, 2017). "Facebook expands its Marketplace section with housing rentals". Tech Crunch.
- Teke Wiggin (September 26, 2017). "Homes.com now features rentals from Apartment List". Inman.
- "Apartment List Teams Up with Realtor.com". Cheddar News. December 6, 2017.
- Elise Craig (April 29, 2014). "Xconomy: Apartment List Takes the Pain out of Finding a New Place". Xconomy.
- Steven Loeb (November 4, 2016). "Former Splash winner Apartment List raises $30M". VatorNews.