Apata Memorial High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Apata Memorial High School is an elite military-style private boarding school in Lagos, Nigeria. It was founded in 1980 by retired Nigerian Army Brigadier-General S. O. Apata (who was assassinated on January 8, 1995). The school has about 1550 pupils and 150 teachers. There are both boarding and day students. It is said to be the best school in Oshodi-Isolo local government and one of the best in lagos state.
In contrast to the other elite private schools in Lagos (Atlantic Hall and Chrisland College), Apata Memorial is renowned for its strict military atmosphere and as a shape-up school for the children of the Nigerian elite.
- David Olumide Aderinokun, Nigerian politician
- Modupe Ozolua, Nigerian entrepreneur
- Niniola, Nigerian musician
- Teni Apata, also known as Teni the entertainer and Teni Makanaki
- Clifford, Igbo. "Teni Biography, Family, Age Net Worth, Songs And All You Need To Know About Her". Information Guide Africa. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- Apata Memorial High School website
- Daily Sun (July 19, 2005): United by man they all loved… 10 years after, the Apata widows are still together
- Where to Go in Lagos.com: Apata Memorial High School
- Apata Memorial High School Discussion
- Apata Memorial NPHS Alumni website
|This Nigeria school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|