Apathsahayar Temple, Thirupazhanam
Apathsahayar Temple, Thirupazhanam (ஆபத்சகாயர் கோயில், திருப்பழனம்) is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located in Thirupazhanam near Tiruvaiyaru, Tamil Nadu, India. The temple is incarnated by the hymns of Appar and is classified as Paadal Petra Sthalam.
The sapthasthanam festival is conducted at Tiruvaiyaru during April every year. Hundreds of people witness the convergence of seven glass palanquins carrying principal deities of respective temples from seven places at Tiruvaiyaru. The palanquins are paraded near the car stand, the crowd witnessed the Poochorithal(flower festival) in which a doll offers flowers to the principal deities in the palanquins. After the Poochorithal, the palanquins left for their respective places. The seven temples are
The temple is located 3 km east of Tiruvaiyaru.
- ta:திருப்பழனம் ஆபத்சகாயேஸ்வரர் கோயில்
- Mysticism and metaphysics in Saiva Siddhanta: a study of the concept of self in the Śivajñānabodham of Meykaṇḍa Deva in relation to the mystical experience of Appar.P.22.J. X. Muthupackiam
- http://www.projectmadurai.org/pm_etexts/pdf/pm0181.pdf.P.21.Project[permanent dead link] Madurai.
- Tourist Guide to Tamil Nadu.
- http://www.hindu.com/2011/04/22/stories/2011042255521400.htm.The[permanent dead link] Hindu