Ape Escape (animated TV series)
Cover of UK DVD release
|Based on||Ape Escape|
by Sony Computer Entertainment
|Voices of||Annie Mumolo|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||38|
|Running time||2 min.|
|Production company(s)||Frederator Studios|
Hawaii Film Partners
Project 51 Productions
Ape Escape is a series of cartoon shorts developed by Frederator Studios, Hawaii Film Partners, Project 51 Productions and Showcase Entertainment which aired on Nicktoons in 2009. It is based on Sony Computer Entertainment's Ape Escape video game franchise, with characters and designs based on Ape Escape 2 in particular, and focuses around Specter's attempts to take over the world with his monkey army.
Frederator first announced that they obtained the cartoon rights to Ape Escape on May 31, 2007. Various talents were brought in to help, including Doug TenNapel. The character designs are based on Ape Escape 2, with Jimmy as the protagonist. The animations are primarily animated using Adobe Flash. The shorts were completed in 2008 and premiered on Nicktoons on July 5, 2009. The shorts were released on DVD in the United Kingdom by Lions Gate Home Entertainment on February 18, 2013.
- Annie Mumolo as Jimmy, Spike and Natalie
- Greg Ellis as Specter
- Eric Bauza as Professor and the Pipo Monkeys
- Ju Retsu Saru Getchu - An earlier series of Ape Escape shorts
- Saru Get You -On Air- - A Japanese anime series based on the video game franchise
- Seibert, Fred (May 31, 2007). "Frederator goes Ape". Frederator. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- Seibert, Fred (September 13, 2007). "The latest color models". Frederator. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- Pham, David (July 5, 2009). "Hawaii-made cartoon debuts". The Honolulu Advertiser. Black Press. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- "Ape Escape [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-Ray". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- Frederator Studios Ape Escape Blog
- Trailer (Vimeo)
- Official YouTube channel
- Ape Escape at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Ape Escape on IMDb
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|