Apeejay School, Sheikh Sarai
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Apeejay School, Sheikh Sarai Phase-1|
|New Delhi, Delhi
|Motto||'Soaring High is my Nature'|
|Chairman||Late Dr. Stya Paul|
|Principal||Mr. A P Sharma|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondrary Education|
Apeejay School in Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi is one of a number of private K-12 (primary and secondary) Apeejay Schools, which are located in India and run by the Apeejay Education Society. The school is near Panchsheel Park on one end and Malviya Nagar at the other end. The colors of the school are Yellow(Akbar), Green(Tagore), Red(Ashoka) and Blue(Vivekananda).
The school is located in the heart of South Delhi, near the Panchsheel Park area. The school is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Its motto is 'Soaring High is My Nature', and depicts a bird taking flight.
The school was established in 1975 to cater to the educational needs of the children in the southern part of the Metropolis, Delhi. The foundation stone of the school was laid on 14 December 1975 by Mrs. Sushma Berlia daughter of the late Sh. Stya Paul. It now on a 8-acre (32,000 m2) campus.
- Apeejay School has introduced Computer Aided Learning[CAL].
- Volleyball Cricket, football, basketball, throw ball, swimming, are some of the games played. Coaching in sport events is arranged. A modified sports programme is provided at the Primary School level to develop the motor skills required for playing any major game.
- The students are given training in skating, short-tennis and yoga. Table tennis and chess are some of the indoor games played by the students. Treks, rambling, cross country races, cycling and mountaineering expeditions are organized.
- The Interact club undertakes social projects. The Interactors of the school have represented the country as ambassadors of goodwill in Rotary exchange programme to various countries.
- A Counselling Center provides services to students in times of emotional crisis.
- F.O.R.C.E. (Forum Of Radical Computer Experts) is a school student body specialized in Computers. The club hosts the inter school symposium named FORCE Fest each year which witnesses massive participation from schools across Delhi NCR.
The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for its All India Secondary and Senior Secondary Examinations and is a member of the National Progressive Schools Conference. There are classes from Nursery to XII with several sections.
- Lakshay Lalwani, Indian television actor at MTV and And TV.
- Nidhi Razdan, news anchor for NDTV 24x7.
- Manish Paul, television host and actor.
- Bipasha Basu, actor.only till sixth class
- Riddhi Dogra, Indian television actress
- Neha Bajpai (Shabana Raza), Hindi film heroine. Debuted with Kareeb opposite Bobby Deol. Some of her other notable films are Fiza with Hrithik Roshan, Hogi Pyar ki Jeet with Ajay Devgan & Rahul with Sunil Shetty. She is married to Manoj Bajpai.
- Manika Raikwar Ahirwal, Managing Editor & Editor Integration at NDTV 24×7