||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Number of locations
|5 cities, 10 hotels|
Apex Hotels Ltd is an operator of three star and four star hotels, owned by former accountant Norman Springford and his family. Based in Edinburgh, the company operates nine hotels in the United Kingdom.
- Apex Temple Court Hotel on Fleet Street (4 star)
- Apex London Wall Hotel near Moorgate (4 star)
- Apex City of London Hotel near Tower Hill (4 star)
- Apex City of Bath Hotel (4 star)
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel near Princes Street (4 star)
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel in Grassmarket (4 star)
- Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel in Grassmarket (4 star)
- Apex Haymarket Hotel in Haymarket (3 star)
- Apex City of Glasgow Hotel on Bath Street (4 star)
- Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa in the City Quay development (4 star)
Executive Chairman of Apex Hotels, Norman Springford, was previously an employee of the Inland Revenue and owner/operator of a number of public houses, bingo halls, and the Edinburgh Playhouse. In 1996 Norman opened his first hotel, the Apex International Hotel, in Edinburgh. The group now own 9 UK hotels across London, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee. In recent years, Apex Hotels re-opened the historic Waterloo Hotel on Edinburgh's Waterloo Place in March 2009, and converted a former office block on Copthall Avenue near London Wall into the Apex London Wall Hotel in November 2009 and developed the Apex Temple Court Hotel at Serjeant's Inn on Fleet Street, which opened in March 2012. The newest hotel to the group was the Apex City of Glasgow Hotel, which opened in October 2015
- The Times - Norman Springford and family
- Apex Hotel - List of Apex Hotels Archived March 13, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Apex Hotels - About Archived June 21, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ian Springford Architects - Apex Waterloo Place Hotel development Archived January 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ian Springford Architects - Apex London Wall Hotel development Archived January 26, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ian Springford Architects - Apex Temple Court Hotel development
- Edinburgh Guide
- Official website
- Caterersearch - Apex Hotels Company profile
- Caterersearch - Norman Springford, chief executive of Apex Hotels group
- Business 7 - A family firm
- The Scotsman - Edinburgh movers and shakers back bid to boost city's profile
|This article about a hotel or resort in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|