This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Seattle, WA, United States of America|
|Cheryl Vedoe, CEO|
|Products||Apex Learning Comprehensive Courses, Apex Learning Tutorials|
Apex Learning, Inc. is a privately held provider of e-Learning solutions for K-12 education, offering online courses in mathematics, science, English studies, social studies, Romance languages, the fine arts, health and physical education, and Advanced Placement. Headquartered in Seattle, Apex Learning is accredited by AdvancEd and its courses are approved for National Collegiate Athletic Association eligibility.
Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen founded Apex Learning in 1997 to apply online courses and test prep to K-12 material. The company initially focused on Advanced Placement courses and test prep. Within one year of operation, 200 students used the Apex platform.
Apex Learning raised $37 million in venture capital. In 2002, Cheryl Vedoe founder of Tenth Planet and VP of Education Marketing at Apple Inc., became CEO of Apex. That same year, it acquired Beyond Books. Apex Learning acquired Boxer Math in 2003. In 2006, Apex had a $6 million round of venture capital financing led by MK Capital.
During the most recent school year, there were more than 3.6 million enrollments in Apex Learning digital curriculum. In May 2017, Apex Learning was acquired by Education Growth Partners, however the terms were not disclosed. The following August, Apex Learning released Tutorials for the General Education Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) and the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) exams.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Apex Learning develops digital learning solutions to support teachers and promote student growth. Apex Learning has produced online courses that meet high school graduation requirement. Apex Learning Comprehensive Courses include core subjects, world languages, advanced placement, CTE and electives. Apex Learning Adaptive Tutorials provides personalized learning to address course pass rates and exam scores, offering intervention, remediation and unit recovery.
- Virtual learning environment
- History of virtual learning environments
- Learning management system
- "Education Growth Partners Acquires Paul Allen's Online Curriculum Company, Apex Learning - EdSurge News". EdSurge. 2017-05-02. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Sellers, Dennis (Sep 18, 2002). "Cheryl Vedoe leaves Apple, joins Apex Learning". Mac World. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Cook, John. "Apex Learning scoops up $6 million". blog.seattlepi.com/. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Joshua Bolkan (August 17, 2017). "Apex Learning Debuts Personalized Learning Tutorials for High School Equivalency Exams". The Journal. Retrieved November 8, 2017.