|Motto: Progreso con Libertad y Justicia (Progress with Freedom and Justice)|
|• Mayor||Raymundo Flores Elizondo ( PRI)|
|• City||183.5 km2 (70.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||405 m (1,329 ft)|
|Time zone||Central Standard Time (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)|
Apodaca (Spanish pronunciation: [apoˈðaka]) is a city and its surrounding municipality that is part of Monterrey Metropolitan area. It lies in the northeastern part of the metropolitan area. As of the 2005 census, the city had a population of 393,195 and the municipality had a population of 418,784. The municipality has an area of 183.5 km². The fourth-largest city in the state (behind Monterrey, Guadalupe, and San Nicolás de los Garza), Apodaca is one of the fastest-growing cities in Nuevo León and an important industrial center.
The municipality of Apodaca is one of the major industrial centers of the state of Nuevo León. Apodaca's economy is founded basically in manufacturing operations and services.
American companies such as Whirlpool, General Electric, Polaris Industries, Callaway, Parker Hannifin, Visteon among many others have manufacturing operations in Apodaca. Japanese companies such as Denso, Korean companies as LG, Chinese companies as Lenovo, and Danish companies such as Danfoss also have manufacturing facilities in Apodaca.
Origin of the name
- Apodaca Provincial Park (British Columbia, Canada)
- Link to tables of population data from Census of 2005 INEGI: Instituto Nacional de Estadística, Geografía e Informática
- "Contact." VivaAerobus. Retrieved on October 15, 2009. "HEADQUARTERS:Aeropuerto de Monterrey, Terminal C, Zona de carga Carretera Miguel Alemán Km. 24 Apodaca, Nuevo León, México "
- "Contact Us." Grupo Aeroportuario Centro Norte. Retrieved on February 18, 2011. "Headquarters Aeropuerto Internacional de Monterrey, Zona de Carga Aérea Carretera Miguel Alemán Km. 24 S/N Apodaca, NL., México. CP 66600."
- "Las Cruces Golf and Country Club"
- "Apodaca", Encilopedia de los Municipios de México
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Apodaca, Nuevo León.|
- Government of the City of Apodaca, Official website (Spanish)