||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2015)|
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (March 2015)|
||This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in a promotional tone. (December 2014)||
|Prathap C. Reddy, Founder and chairman
Preetha Reddy, Managing Director
|Revenue||₹31.73 billion (US$480 million) (2012)|
Number of employees
Apollo Hospitals is an Indian hospital chain based in Chennai, India. It was founded by Dr Prathap C. Reddy in 1983 and has hospitals in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ghana, Nigeria, Mauritius, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait. Several of the group's hospitals have been among the first in India to receive international healthcare accreditation by America-based Joint Commission International (JCI).
The group has developed services in telemedicine, after starting a pilot project in 2000 in Pratap Reddy's home village. It is now the largest telemedicine provider in India with 71 centers. The success of Apollo Hospitals has made it a topic for Harvard Business School case study.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance, joint venture with Munich Health
- Apollo Health Street Limited, BPO and IT services company
- Apollo Pharmacy, largest retail pharmacy chain in India
- Apollo Health and Lifestyle Limited, lifestyle clinic service
- Apollo Sugar, a chain of diabetes care centers providing comprehensive care for diabetics
- Apollo Telemedicine Enterprises Limited, telemedicine service provider
- Equipment World, medical equipment advisory
- Family Health Plan Limited, health insurance and third party administrator
- Keimed, pharmaceutical procurement and supply chain management company
- MedVarsity Online Limited, developed over 1500 hours of medical content along with NIIT
- Apollo Medskills Limited
Projects and tieups
Apollo Hospitals India Representative Office is a medical tourism service provider in Sri Lanka for the patients who travel to Apollo Hospitals India for medical treatment. It has set up a medical center at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad.
Awards and recognition
A stamp was released on 2 November 2009 to commemorate the service of Apollo Hospitals The group's "Billion Hearts Beating" campaign, a national communication campaign of the Apollo Hospitals Group and the Times of India, won the "Global Award for Brand Excellence" of the "Campaign of the Year Award" at the World Brand Congress 2010 at Mumbai.
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited (launched as Apollo DKV) is a joint venture between Apollo Group of Hospitals and Munich Health, one of Munich Re’s newest business segment, established in 2007 for providing healthcare solutions. The company has its registered office in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Apollo DKV rechristened itself as Apollo Munich in 2009. Apollo Hospitals was established in 1983. At present, Apollo hospitals are present in 120 countries around the world. The group is involved in research in various areas with focus on exploring potential of robotics in the field of medical care. The group has also recognized the increasing risk of heart diseases in India and has been actively working towards this issue.
Apollo Munich Health Insurance was known as Apollo DKV Insurance Co. Ltd till end of 2009.
Apollo Munich has won the prestigious Insurer of the year award in the year 2013, Innovation of the year award from Asia Insurance Review in 2012 among other.
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited, Chennai
- Apollo Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, Chennai
- Accreditation for 3 Apollo Hospital branches, The Hindu, 10 May 2006 accessed at  11 Nov 2006
- Telemedicine puts AP village on health map, The Indian Express, 7 September 2005 accessed at  11 Nov 2006
- Apollo Hospital and DHAN to provide affordable rural healthcare, Philips press notice, 8 July 2005 accessed at  11 Nov 2006
- Martha Lagace (17 December 2007). "The Rise of Medical Tourism – HBS Working Knowledge". Hbswk.hbs.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Services of Apollo Hospitals accessible from Sri Lanka again", Daily FT, Sri Lanka, 8 February 2012. Retrieved on 12 February 2012.
- The Hindu Business Line : Apollo Hospitals to invest Rs 3,000 cr for expansion
- "Special stamp on Apollo Hospitals released". The Hindu. 3 November 2009. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- Billion Hearts Beating
- Apollo Hospitals’ Billion Hearts Beating wins Campaign of the Year Award at the World Brand Congress 2010
- "Apollo Munich". Forbes.
- "Apollo Hospitals Grp, DKV AG sign health insurance JV". moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo-DKV JV to launch health insurance by Aug". business-standard.com.
- "Apollo Group, DKV AG launch health insurance company". thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo, DKV launch health insurance co". mumbaimirror.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo launches health insurance JV with DKV". hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo DKV rechristened". business-standard.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo DKV Insurance changes name". thehindu.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo Hospitals to perform more robotic surgeries". thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Robotic surgeries in Apollo Hospitals". thehindu.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Hi-tech robotic surgery is here". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals Starts Screening Programme for Stroke, Aneurysm and Vascular Disease Evaluation". financialexpress.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo Hospitals launch robot for stroke treatment". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo kicks off billion hearts beating campaign". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Should you opt for a high-value health cover?". business-standard.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Insurers go full steam to sell recharge health plans". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo Munich launches ENERGY, a plan for type II diabetes". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo Munich launches Optima Restore". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo Munich launches ‘Optima Restore'". thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo Munich Health Insurance launches Optima Senior". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Canara Bank, Apollo Munich in bancassurance tie-up". thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Citibank to offer specialised health insurance services". rediff.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Apollo Munich Health Insurance: Innovation is in our DNA". asiainsurancereview.com. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- Rama V. Baru, Privatisation and corporatisation, 2000:paper 489, Seminar Publications, New Delhi, accessed at  11 November 2006