|Look up apostolic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Apostolic may refer to:
An Apostle meaning one sent on a mission:
- The Twelve Apostles of Jesus, or something related to them, such as the Church of the Holy Apostles
- Apostolic succession, the doctrine connecting the Christian Church to the original Twelve Apostles
- The Apostolic Fathers, the earliest generation of post-Biblical Christian writers
- The Apostolic Age, the period of Christian history when Jesus' apostles were living
- The Apostolic Constitutions, part of the Ante-Nicene Fathers collection
Specific to the Roman Catholic Church
- Apostolic Administrator, appointed by the Pope to an apostolic administration or a diocese without a bishop
- Apostolic Camera, or "Apostolic Chamber", former department of finance for Papal administration
- Apostolic constitution, a public decree issued by the Pope
- Apostolic Palace, the residence of the Pope in Vatican City
- Apostolic prefect, the head of a mission of the Roman Catholic Church
- The Apostolic See: in Roman Catholic usage, "the Apostolic See" is used in the singular and capitalized to refer to the See of Rome, with reference to the Pope of Rome's status as the person believed to be the direct successor of the Apostle Peter. (See also Papal supremacy).
- Apostolic vicariate, a territorial jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Church
- Chancery of Apostolic Briefs, a historical office charged with preparation of Papal correspondence
- Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith, an apostolic organization based in the United States
- Apostolic Catholic Church (Philippines), a church based in the Philippines
- Armenian Apostolic Church, also known as the Armenian Orthodox Church, the national church of Armenia
- Apostolic Brethren, a 13th-century sect in northern Italy
- Apostolic Church (denomination), an Evangelical Pentecostal denomination founded in 1916 in the United Kingdom
- The Apostolic Church Nigeria
- Apostolic Christian Church, an anabaptist branch of Christianity
- Apostolic Pastoral Congress, an organization consisting of Pentecostal bishops, pastors and other clergy, functioning as a collegiate collective, and founded during the first decade of the 21st century
- Catholic Apostolic Church, a millenarian religious community, related to the Irvingism movement
- Celtic Orthodox Church, also known as the Catholic Apostolic Church (Catholicate of the West), a name adopted in the 1940s by a movement to restore ancient Christianity in Britain and the West
- Christ Apostolic Church, an indigenous African church
- New Apostolic Church, a chiliastic (premillenarian) church
- Oneness Pentecostalism, also known as Apostolic Pentecostalism, a form of Pentecostal Christianity that is non-trinitarian in theology
- Primitive Apostolic Christianity (Sabbatarian)
- An Apostolic see is any episcopal see whose foundation is attributed to one or more of the Apostles. (For the Roman Catholic usage, when capitalized and used with the definite article, see above).
- Apostolic poverty, a doctrine professed in the 13th century by certain religious orders
- Apostolic King, hereditary title of the King of Hungary
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Apostolic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Acts 2 v 38 King James Bible Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
You can get baptised in a Apostolic church