Jump to navigation Jump to search
Apostolic Church may refer to:
- The church of the Apostolic Age, all history of Christianity is traditionally regarded as the period of the Twelve Apostles. This dates from the Great Commission of the Apostles by the risen Jesus in Jerusalem around 33 AD until the death of the last Apostle, believed to be John the Apostle in Anatolia c. 100
- Any church of an Apostolic see, being any episcopal see whose foundation is attributed to one or more of the apostles of Jesus
- The Armenian Apostolic Church, the national church of the Armenian people. Part of Oriental Orthodoxy
- Apostolic Church (denomination), formed in 1916
- Apostolic Christian Church, worldwide Christian denomination in the Anabaptist tradition
- Apostolic Church (Czechoslovakia), a Pentecostal denomination now divided into:
- Catholic Apostolic Church, formed in 1835, the church movement associated with Edward Irving
- Old Apostolic Church, Christian faith community with roots in the Catholic Apostolic Church. The Old Apostolic Church is a branch of Christianity separate from Protestantism and Catholicism.
- New Apostolic Church, formed in 1863, a chiliastic Christian church that split from the Catholic Apostolic Church during a 1863 schism in Hamburg, Germany
- United Apostolic Church, independent communities in the tradition of the catholic apostolic revival movement which started at the beginning of the 19th century in England and Scotland. The church also includes:
- Catholic Apostolic Church (disambiguation)
- Apostolic Catholic Church (Philippines), an independent Catholic church founded by John Florentine L. Teruel in 1992 in the Philippines. The church's goal is to mediate and unite the Western Rite or the Roman Catholic Church, and the Eastern Rite or the Eastern Orthodox Church to form a single Catholic church.
- Brazilian Catholic Apostolic Church, an independent Catholic church established in 1945 by Brazilian excommunicated Roman Catholic bishop Carlos Duarte Costa
- Irish Orthodox Catholic and Apostolic Church, founded by the independent bishop Michael Cox
- Apostolic Christian Church, religious body in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Japan that originates from the Anabaptist movement
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Apostolic Church.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.